Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys hold the throttle? I cant seem to get WOT without doing some weird gymnastics with my wrist. Bike is a stock 17. Just curious what the best practice is for control of bike(braking & accelerating)

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a good question. I do it without thinking about it. Maybe try out a 1/4 turn throttle? I normally roll my hand pretty far forward before rolling the throttle back.

·
covfefe
52 Posts
The rule I was taught was to keep the top of your wrist flat with the back of your hand when you're at cruising speed. Minimizes the stress placed on the wrist and reduces fatigue - especially on a sport bike. For WOT I just shift my grip forward onto my lower palm, grasp & hold on tight and crank that soldja boy ?

·
Registered
284 Posts
In my MX clinics, they told us to turn the throttle like you would a doorknob. That allows you to get to wide-open w/o overly exaggerated arm/wrist movement. It seems to work for me in my mx and street riding. But basically same idea as what FZ1guy is saying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was always taught to keep my wrist straight at cruising speed as well. A neutral position so you can roll off and on. Seems to work well for the most part.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got the same bike. I just grab the throttle with my hand slightly curved over it coming out of a corner. Also, getting an ECU flash helps with that. I've noticed with my Bauce tune I hit WOT earlier. No I'm not shilling but I did have a good experience with them. Akro full exhaust plus Bauce tune made the bike feel like a rocket.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Never thought about it... just do it. I think I just use my thumb to briefly pin the accelerator while I reposition/slide my hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts