Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Too sad without 2 wheels.
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the easiest place to do this on my 2007 R6? How would you mount it in the passenger seat compartment?
I'd like to charge my cell phone while I ride if for some reason my phone dies and I'm a few miles from a phone. Unfortunately for me, my wall cell phone charger was in my backpack that got stolen. Since I don't need a wall charger a LOT, I decided to do a free mod on my SRT4. It wouldn't allow me to charge it while the car was off (a bogus safety feature; as long as you have a fuse) so I fixed that- I ran a new positive wire from the cigarette lighter to the power door locks- something that always has power. (don't care about a bike)
What's the easiest way to hook it up to the brake light or something similar? Do the turn signals have power when the bike is on, or do the turn signals have to be on? I just read in a radar detector thread that it does and it doesnt have power while you have the blinkers on ... confusing. Some clarity here?
Also, what other fun cheapo mods can I do to my bike? I already did the home depot eliminator that kept the stock blinkers. :werd

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
put a fuse on it and wire it to the battery.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Go to a place like best buy and ask for a female cig socket, it is a simple cig socket with 6 feet of wire and its fused, run it out to wherever you want.

·
Jigga_R6 Is Tha Nayme!
3,243 Posts
well as far as cell phones go. you need the wall charger or else ur batter will never hold a good charge and it bad for the phone itself.
so i would stick with the wall charger. and if the phone does not hold a charge then you can check to see if u can get a new one because it should have a year warrantee. or else your due for an upgrade.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not sure what the fuse rating is on it. But u should be able to tag of the license plate light that is only on when the key is. If that doesnt work you are gonna have to go from the ignition harness.

·
Registered
482 Posts
if i were you i wouldnt get a cig adapter but rather just rip the charger apart and hard wire it to what ever it is your planning on hooking the cig adapter too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i bought a waterproof cig lighter with an inline fuse, wired it to battery and zip tied it to the aluminum plate directly under the plastic of tail section between seats...havent had any problems with charging phone and drainin battery, though most of the time i do it while riding...if i did do it with bike off it wasnt for more than 5-10 min.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
This thread is getting stupid - You would rather waste time on putting a charger on this bike instead of getting a better cell phone.. I am lost again....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts