Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to give me a quick rundown of how to install frame sliders for a Yamaha R6 02? If anyone has any tips, suggestions, or links that they can direct me to, i would really appreciate it. thanks all

Mike

·
Registered
886 Posts
well i have an o2 r6 i did the sliders on mine came out pretty clean the only thing is making sure when you cut the holes on yoru fairing they are in the right spot and right size for the circle after you cut them all you gots to do is bolt them babys on .. but i think there some were you dont have to cut your fairings dont know how good they are ... this aint too detailed but should give you an idea of what your looking at ..

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Take off your fairings

Unscrew the motor mount on one side

Etiher

-stick the ink part of a magic marker or like a thin sharpie in the hole where the bolt used to be

OR

-unscrew the bolt most of the way and put a piece of something plyable and sticky on the end of it (silly putty, clay, gum, etc)

Put the fairing back on and make sure you get some kind of mark on the inside of it.

This should have given you a good indication of where the hole has to go

take the fairing off

drill a very small hole in the center of whatever you used to mark the spot

put the bolt back in the motor mount hole, not all the way

put the fairing back on

look through the small hole you just made with a flashlight and make sure you are right at the center of the bolt

if you cant tell, stick a small felt tip pen or marker in the hole and mark the bolt

if you hit the center of the bolt, YOU ARE GOOD!!!

if not try again (if you take more than one try it is ok because you are going to bore a large hole out anyway where your multiple small holes are

take off the fairing

now get a hole saw that is VERY slightly larger than the slider.

place the arbor of the hole saw right on the small hole, and carefully drill out your hole **FROM THE OUTSIDE!!**

**it is a good idea to put masking tape across the entire area where the hole is going to go, this will help prevent splintering and any stickers getting messed up**

now put it back together clean up the edge of the hole with a dremmell tool, screw the slider in...(depending on how thick your sliders are you may have to dremmell out part of the lower fairing to get the slider in...I did)

Repeat on the other side....

Congratulations, you are now ready to crash!!!

hahhaha

just kidding

good luck!!!

Reactions: patineto

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone have any photos of this? We are trying to install the sliders but after we took the plastics off we couldn't seem to find this bolt you guys are talking about lol. :dunce: Do you have to mod. the fairings?

·
Registered
29 Posts
jpruett said:
Does anyone have any photos of this? We are trying to install the sliders but after we took the plastics off we couldn't seem to find this bolt you guys are talking about lol. :dunce: Do you have to mod. the fairings?

Well nevermind.... I'm not sure how we missed that haha.

I found pictures on a different thread :)

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17128

1 - 19 of 19 Posts