Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the clutch slider for my 99 R6.

I just have no idea how I'm supposed to install this piece.

Does anybody have a write up with pics?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wish there was a write up for this also I just called the local yamaha dealer they said they would do it for 40 dollars i paid like 25 dollars for the slider with shipping off of ebay ugh oh well.

·
Do work son!
558 Posts
on my 03 the slider came with a nut one side screwed on to replace the oem nut and the other side was threaded to hold the slider., I took the stock nut off screwed the one that came with the slider on, tq to what ever the owners book said. then used the bolt that came with the slider to bolt the slider on. Simple! hope that helps might be diff. on other years. So u should of gotten the new nut,slider, and a bolt in ur kit to install it.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
If you search eBay for clutch sliders, the auctions listed include directions for installation. They say:
To install this slider, replace the swingarm pivot axle nut on the right side with the provided nut, then bolt the slider onto that nut. It should take about 5 minutes, and there is no cutting of the fairing required. This slider measures 4 inches long, and 1-3/4 inches in diameter. The torque on the slider bolt should not exceed 20-25 foot-pounds, with locktite on the threads.

·
Registered
46 Posts
alright thanks guys now if i can just find the right tools i don't have many tools around the house and it looks like the two main ones i will need are a huge socket and a torque wrench i have none of those but will figure something out thanks for the help/info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts