Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just got the PCIII and on my directions it says nothing about hooking up the grey wire to the blue wire. but then i looked at the directions at the begining and its for a Fj-1300 or somthing like that. So I am going to go by you guys and hopefully i dont screw up my bike. O, by the way i have a 06'.

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
Just installed a BMC and PCIII Today. It is raining so I can road test it. I have a graves megaphone and the map says with aftermarket filter and O2 Sensor removed. Do I need to unplug the O2 sensor?

·
I love my mistress 2 (R6)
85 Posts
I also have a Q? I just installed a full Graves TI exhaust which I bought with a PCIII (installing tomorrow). Will it be ok if I unplug the O2 sensor (as described in other how to) but leave the actual sensor screwed in to exhaust, because I got it used and it did not come with a plug or cap for the hole?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
My point of view:

- If you buy only a exhaust pipe: no need of PC, so O2 kept
- If you buy a full exhaust line (headers, etc): PC required, so O2 sensor unplugged

Just my thoughts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: How to install a Power Commander III (R6 2006)

mate, with regards to tat pic, do ya need to make a cut to expose the wiring of the blue wire before you attach the grey wire tap on it?

also, i found these on the installation manual

This bike uses a fly-by wire system, so conventional tuning can not be performed for all RPM and throttle ranges.

The GREY wire from the PCIII is attached to the throttle blade angle sensor of the throttle bodies which is NOT directly correlated to the throttle grip position. Because of this when setting the throttle position in the PCIII software we recommend on resetting only the closed position after the bike has completely warmed up. Use the arrow key (<) next to CLOSED to perform this step and then click OK. Do not try to set the OPEN position unless you are on a dyno and above 9000rpm.

You will notice that in the maps there are not detailed values below 9000rpm at 100% throttle and below 7500rpm at 60-80%. This is because the throttle blades will not open more than 60% below this RPM range no matter how much throttle input is given. Therefore this area can not be tuned.

does tat mean a map provided by your exhaust manufacturer will not be able fully tune your bike?? and wat does it takes to fully tune ya bike?? custom mapping with a dyno tunning?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I can confirm the following:

- no cut of wire, if you look at the picture, you get the small red connector that makes the switch with your blue wire. I have removed my PCIII yesterday and put my bike in stock config without any issue

- I rode my bike sinde 2 years on track with the customized map I found here on the forum (full akrapovic racing). To be sure that everything was ok, i have done a dyno run at my dealer, and it was perfect (no simulation of ram air)

So you don't have to worry about this notice.

Hope i have answered your questions.

Ps: my video when i have tested the map on my laptop:
http://media.putfile.com/Akrapovic-Race-Full-Exhaust-R6-2006

·
The guy your mother loves
1,930 Posts
For those of you who are looking at this, When you connect the grey wire with the red clasp to the blue wire on the smaller of the connections from the ECU, look at the face of the plug. They are numbered, the one you want to splice into is number 5.

·
Tell Daddy how u want it!
119 Posts
For those of you who are looking at this, When you connect the grey wire with the red clasp to the blue wire on the smaller of the connections from the ECU, look at the face of the plug. They are numbered, the one you want to splice into is number 5.

Hey guys i bought a used PC3 from someone and i dont have the wire tap that can go to the blue wire of ecu but only the grey wire with the red connector. Where can i order or get that red wire tap as seen in this pic?

·
The guy your mother loves
1,930 Posts
you can tap into that wire via solder iron or get a generic connection from Home Depot.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Any visual? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've search and wasnt able to find anything so i'm posting this noob question. I have an 06, and decided to purchase a used pc3. I followed the instructions and install accordingly. I don't understand wat the wire tap is for, reason behind it? The pc3 i install seems to turn on/off with or without the wire tap hooked up. Can someone give me a explaination of what the purpose is for the wire tap (grey wire to tape to blue wire)? Please help me understand. Thanks

·
Still learning
271 Posts
I've search and wasnt able to find anything so i'm posting this noob question. I have an 06, and decided to purchase a used pc3. I followed the instructions and install accordingly. I don't understand wat the wire tap is for, reason behind it? The pc3 i install seems to turn on/off with or without the wire tap hooked up. Can someone give me a explaination of what the purpose is for the wire tap (grey wire to tape to blue wire)? Please help me understand. Thanks

Bump this I'm curious. I don't have a wire to tap with my pcIII, 04 model. Should I call Dyne jet and get one?

Thanks!

·
Still learning
271 Posts
Got it hooked it's not sure if it's right.

There is 4 connectors 2 clear and 2 black. I hooked the 2 blacks up and the ground. Is this correct? Since I didn't have a wire to tap?

Thanks

·
Still learning
271 Posts
question is it the same for an 05 R6? And if so how do u remove the rear seat to mount commander PC?
What do you mean how do you remove it? You turn the latch to pop the seat. I just fished mine under the sub frame brace in between the seats to get to the rear. Make sense?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bumping this thread, i wana know this aswell. What is the funtion of this connection?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i believe im having some problems with my oc3..im assuming removing is just the reverse of install?

my bike came with it...i didnt install

41 - 60 of 61 Posts