Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
splain a little bit more please..how do i bring the clip ons up..how do i reset the suspension?..can i do it myself?

·
TopGearAmbitiousButRubish
2,233 Posts
I would WAY oversimplify the clipons, I think you just un bolt them and bring them higher on the forks, but please don't quote me on that. The suspension you CAN do by yourself if you have a couple friends help you hold the bike and measure, you just need to reset the sag, rebound, and stiffness for the new ride height (you will have more travel to play with). But, I would recommend riding to a shop and having them help you out when they get some free time, they should have stands for the bike and can measure and set everything for you for relatively cheap.

·
Registered
333 Posts
you have to push the forks back down thru the triples to raise the front. to do this you have to lift the bike with a head stand, loosen upper and lower triple clamps, the clip ons (clipons are handlebars, took me forever to figure out what they were and i didnt want to be a noob and ask lmao), and push the forks back down to where tops of them are at stock height (so youd need a depth micrometer to set this right) then you move the clipons to where they are stock or put them where you feel comfortable as long as you can turn them lock to lock and not hit the tank with your hands)

to raise the rear you gotta lift the bike by the frame and unbolt the bottom of the shock and if you have an adjustable lowering link, adjust it to stock, or if you have a link with holes in it for diff. lowering height, set it to stock height.

bolt everything back together and rock out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts