Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the dual projector mod headlgihts right now, but i never use the high beams so is there a way to make it so that my headlights are off and when i turn to high beam, my regular lowbeam lights turn on? i plan on getting audi led lights so i was wanting to know how i wire the headlights to turn on and off through the original oem light switch.?

thankyous to all in advance

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Anything can be done with creativity. Run a switch on the low beam circuit and youre done...

I wouldnt be able to tell you where to cut the wire though...

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
wtf...I just wrote something up and it deleted. I ran a toggle switch on the right side air duct on my 06.

Find the wires by the headlight housing for the high beam. Cut them. Redirect the wires that power your headlights to your high beam wiring. May be a lil more complex than that but those are the basics.

-Ant.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have an hid kit already, i was thinking to open up my oem light switch and just remove the HIGH beam wires from the high beam button then i put the low beam wires into the high beam switch and it should work? you think that'll work? so when i want it off i'll just turn the switch to the "LOWBEAM" and that'll be off and the "HIGHBEAM" will be on when i switch it to high beam

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah well my audi leds are wired to my flushmounts, they are on already. now i just need to be able to switch the normal headlights on and off since i have dual projectors, i have 4 lights, 2 outsides are the lowbeam and 2 insides are the high beam which i never use..so i'd like to just make the oem switch be a on and off for the lowbeams.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
get an hid h7 wire harness and connect it to the hi beam stock connector and connect the 2 ballast to the harness that way the relay from the harness will know to turn them on and off based on ur hi beam switch position. i have a spare one if you wanna shoot through and ill show you what i mean.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
get an hid h7 wire harness and connect it to the hi beam stock connector and connect the 2 ballast to the harness that way the relay from the harness will know to turn them on and off based on ur hi beam switch position. i have a spare one if you wanna shoot through and ill show you what i mean.
i have no idea whta you mean ahah..but cant i just disconnect the highbeam wire from the oem light switch then put the lowbeam wire from lowbeamswitch to the high beam switch then when i turn it off to lowbeam it'll be off and when i turn to highbeam it will be on?

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
i have no idea whta you mean ahah..but cant i just disconnect the highbeam wire from the oem light switch then put the lowbeam wire from lowbeamswitch to the high beam switch then when i turn it off to lowbeam it'll be off and when i turn to highbeam it will be on?
Yes. Just redirect the headlight power to the high beam switch.

-Ant.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
that should work 2 but you might have to splice the low and high beam side together and wire them both to th hi beam connector and the relay harness is just easier plus will make sure you dont overload and fry ur hi beam connector

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what do you mean? why would i fry the high beam connector? im just switching the wires from low to high and leaving the high beam wires disconnected..why will it fry?

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you are using low beam as off, and high beam as on for lights, you would be running high beam all the time. wouldn't that drain battery more quicker, and also because out put if high beam, car coming from opposite side would have hard time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
?? does the switch matter ?? isnt that based on the headlights? or is it the switch that manages the output power/intensity of the lights? can someone clarify that please?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am not refering to switch itself. If you use low beam as off and high beam as on for lights, then when lights are on, you would be running high beam all the time.

·
/2ºº§T
215 Posts
Just disconnect the power from the low beam side and run the the power wire from the high beam side to the low beams. Then when the headlight switch is on low beam the lights are off. [/thread]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts