Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
ride the speed limit and dont do stupid shit. simple enough. plus, if you pull over for being stupid, you MAY get a break for stopping. if he sees a radar detector on there, your chance at getting cut a break just went away. also, most places use lidar(laser). the only way your radar detector will pick up on that is when it gets hit. and guess what that means. at that point, you no longer have a ticket preventer. you have a ticket notifier.

truthfully, i wouldnt bother with it. ride smart and if you break the law and get caught, you got what you deserved. sorry, but i feel that way about it when i ride too. if i do something dumb and get caught, tough shit for me. i deserve it.

edit: most places *around here* use lidar. very very few here use radar still

·
Registered
354 Posts
Valentine 1 FTW, great radar and laser detector i have it in my car..But i wouldnt put one on my bike casue if its falls off for some dumb reason thats 400$ thats under your rear wheel..

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
LOL at "ride the speed limit"

So...you never speed...ever? Lulz.

I haven't been pulled over for speeding...yet...but for other things but I pull over nice and easy and every single time I have gotton warnings and a "Thank You" for pulling over.

-Ant.

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
ride the speed limit and dont do stupid shit.....ride smart and if you break the law and get caught, you got what you deserved.
if i do something dumb and get caught, tough shit for me. i deserve it.
please read the post in its entirety. if you cant, just read what i quoted. it should give you the answer to what you said

tell me which comment is more stupid...

"Ride your bike safely and go the speed limit. It helps keep down our insurance rates and helps reduce the profiling on us."

"Ride 20mph over the speed limit because you have a sportbike and can go fast."

kinda seems to me like you agree with the second one from the post i quoted VV

LOL at "ride the speed limit"

So...you never speed...ever? Lulz.

I haven't been pulled over for speeding...yet...but for other things but I pull over nice and easy and every single time I have gotton warnings and a "Thank You" for pulling over.

-Ant.

·
my R6 tickles me.
465 Posts
please read the post in its entirety. if you cant, just read what i quoted. it should give you the answer to what you said

tell me which comment is more stupid...

"Ride your bike safely and go the speed limit. It helps keep down our insurance rates and helps reduce the profiling on us."

"Ride 20mph over the speed limit because you have a sportbike and can go fast."

kinda seems to me like you agree with the second one from the post i quoted VV
if you want to ride the speed limit and have low insurance rates dont buy a sport bike? you sound like an idiot. here is what you want it has low insurance and you cant speed with it http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/products.php?model=3597&class=16&group=M|&LANG=en

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
if you want to ride the speed limit and have low insurance rates dont buy a sport bike? you sound like an idiot. here is what you want it has low insurance and you cant speed with it http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/products.php?model=3597&class=16&group=M|&LANG=en
We ride the speed limit because it's safer and we keep our stupid activities to the track. No, I won't say I NEVER speed, but I don't grossly exceed the limit and if I do get caught going 5-10mph over, then I fully accept responsibility for it.

We're allowed to buy whatever bike we like. Just because we bought a sportbike doesn't mean we also bought into the negative stereotypes that went with it. Which one did you spend your money for? The bike or the image?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
RIDE CRAZY..... TAKE CHANCES.....:party

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
We ride the speed limit because it's safer and we keep our stupid activities to the track. No, I won't say I NEVER speed, but I don't grossly exceed the limit and if I do get caught going 5-10mph over, then I fully accept responsibility for it.

We're allowed to buy whatever bike we like. Just because we bought a sportbike doesn't mean we also bought into the negative stereotypes that went with it. Which one did you spend your money for? The bike or the image?
I concur, A+ response. Look at people with old muscle cars, or even porsches, ferrari's, etc. They don't alway fly around, yes some do. But most of what I see go the speed limit, maybe 10 over. When you have something like an r6, or a ferrari, you don't need to prove you can go fast, everyone knows you can. That's just my opinion, take it how you will.

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
so what youre saying is that i am stupid because i dont want to have to pay in excess of 2000 a year for full coverage on my 2003 r6? i havent had a single accident or claim on my driving record since i have gotten my license. granted, i have only been driving 6 years, but even at that, i am well above the standards. if they were to actually look at the record i have vs just grouping me into "sportbike, under 25, high risk" and see that i am a safe driver/rider, things would be a lot nicer. it isnt the guys who do the speed limit and ride safe that are causing my rates to increase. it is the idiots out there that slam their bikes into cars doing 140 and pow pows on the street.

and i never said i dont speed. i dont speed excessively. i keep pace with traffic, and then maybe a tiny bit faster. the only time i have been pulled over for speeding on the bike, the cop threw away the ticket because he knew i wasnt the guy he registered. he caught my roommate who had a passenger.

some of you guys make it sound like everyone who bought a sportbike bought it specifically to go fast. sure, i love going fast, but im not stupid about it either. why tear down the streets and just put my life and possibly others at risk? i guess its a thing called maturity.

and lmgm, i know we have had our disagreements in the past, but i am dead on with you on what you said.

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
^ haha yeah, must be a lot of people that started on a Gixxer buying R6's now... hahaha

That or for us who the season is coming to an end for, our frustrations are coming out on the forum...

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
and lmgm, i know we have had our disagreements in the past, but i am dead on with you on what you said.
We've had disagreements? :confused:

If we have, they obviously weren't enough for me to remember them! :cheers

·
Registered
585 Posts
Owning a radar detector doesn't mean you're speeding, unsafe, or stupid.

That's like saying owning a rifle makes you a murderer.

I love opening cans of worms...hehe

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
Owning a radar detector doesn't mean you're speeding, unsafe, or stupid.

That's like saying owning a rifle makes you a murderer.

I love opening cans of worms...hehe
it doesnt mean you are a speeder, but most people with them go a good bit over the speed limit in the thought of "its ok, my radar detector will protect me!"

and lmgm, it was prolly a gear nazi comment, but like you said, its the past:cheers (and that mug of mine is full of vodka!)

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I will honestly say, I am so sick of you fcuking preachers on this damn forum. "take it to the track" "I don't speed". STFU, seriously. Hearing all these holier than thou mofos is fcuking irritating.

The guy asked opinions about a radar detector. He sure as hell didn't ask for all your opinions on driving habits. 20 posts and 2 suggestions on how to actually mount the thing.

To the OP, when I mounted a radar detector on my bike I mounted it to the windshield. Just made a bracket. I have seen some on the forum that are pretty cool. I think the 2nd poster on this thread attached a link to it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts