Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to remove my upper fairings (where turn sigs stick out), but I was unsuccessful. I removed all the set screws and poped the plastic peg out of the rubber gromet (top of fairing, near tank). I could still not get it off.

It looked like it was stuck to that black piece behind the front wheel and in front of the header. There are no set screws holding the 2 pieces together that i didn't remove... I did see things that kinda looked like pop rivits ?!?

Any help welcomed!

·
Registered
836 Posts
There are 3 or 4 "pop-rivets" that hold the trip around the radiator to the mid-fairing. You have to push in the center of them to get them to release, and then they just come right out.

Hopefully this is enough info to help out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Roll, those are retainers holding the inside cowls to the midfairings and the headlight fairing. push in the center peg and the tension holding the retainer in place will be released. then just pry out with your finger. also, the radiator cowl is held to the radiator via one hex bolt that you can see with the wheel cocked to the left. hope this helps.
:flame

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I figured i had to remove those retaining rivets some how... just didn't know how.

Thanks a million!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts