Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove my kickstand because it gets in the way when I shift with the rearsets I just purchased. I primarily fo track days so not too concerned with losing the kick stand and looks like one bolt but I know there is a sensor on there. What is the best way to remove the kickstand and by pass the sensor. Can I just remove the one bolt to get the kickstand off or will the sensor give me problems?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
OMRRA #79
1,392 Posts
You will have to close the circut for the kickstand switch. Its as simple as cut the two wires strip them and connect them together.

·
B4B
6,864 Posts
is there a picture of this anywhere (the two wires)??? I'm doing this very soon and with my luck I'll end up setting the damn thing on fire or something.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
is there a picture of this anywhere (the two wires)??? I'm doing this very soon and with my luck I'll end up setting the damn thing on fire or something.
hate to bump an old thread, but is this the two wires that go to the kickstand plate behind it?

·
Laugh now, cry later
1,027 Posts
hate to bump an old thread, but is this the two wires that go to the kickstand plate behind it?
Yes, the ones that are connected to it. When you'll remove it, you'll see them. Just tap them to close the circuit.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Yes, the ones that are connected to it. When you'll remove it, you'll see them. Just tap them to close the circuit.
Thanks! So ill solder both wires together to each other, I'll give it a shot today.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Just be sure it's a good solder and check it periodically. That's something you don't want coming undone down the back straight...

·
Gettn' it!
145 Posts
Be sure to heat those 3 bolts that hold the assembly to the frame ( if your removing the entire assembly) a blow torch works great. Otherwise your gonna round out the Allen heads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts