Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it's great to be here! Now down to business! How the hell do I remove all of the stickers on my blue r6? I can pick away at them with my fingers but does anyone know of a better way?

·
Registered
458 Posts
heat gun and goo gone

·
Rip Gawarrior
101 Posts
W D 40

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
+1 heat gun.

Simple green works good to, and won't soften the adhesive of other stickers..

Depends on your heat gun, it is possible to cook paint or the PLASTIC FAIRING! (dont ask how I know) It does NOT take much heat to soften the adhesive..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright let me get this straight, heat gun the stickers off then use wd40 or simple green to get all of the left over adhesive off? Or just spray wd40 directly onto the stickers and let soak and soften stickers without a heat gun at all?

·
Registered
166 Posts
1) Use hair dryer to soften glue on stickers
2) Use fingernail to peel sticker off...may flake off, and it may come off in a big sheet
3) Glue will be left behind...use Goo Gone or WD40 to remove glue
4) Buff with a mild rubbing compound to remove any excess glue
5) Clean and wax

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
1) Use hair dryer to soften glue on stickers
2) Use fingernail to peel sticker off...may flake off, and it may come off in a big sheet
3) Glue will be left behind...use Goo Gone or WD40 to remove glue
4) Buff with a mild rubbing compound to remove any excess glue
5) Clean and wax
6) Enjoy the tail a badgeless bike gets :idhitit

·
Registered
1 Posts
go to any paint and body store and get an aerosol wax and grease remover and some plastic razor blades. spray the aerosol on the sticker every2-3 like 6-7 times and let it soak... u can use the plastic razor blades or cloth to take of the stickers but i wouldnt recommend using simple green or anything else with chemicals in it. the wax and grease remover is made and safe for all clear coats

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stickers peeled right off and between the wd 40 and my finger nails the goo didnt stand a chance, "BADGELESS":bow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts