Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, a couple of weeks ago I learned how to pull this off.

Step 1. Be a tard and drag your knee on the street
Step 2. Find a horseshoe shaped curve consisting of at least 2 apex's
Step 3. Late-apex the curve for apex #1, then pick your line on the inside of apex #2 rather than stay on the outside
Step 4. Go at least twice the curves posted speed limit, ideally 60mph vs. 25mph
Step 5. Make sure there is gravel and/or sand located on the inside of the corner
Step 6. Ensure there is a fresh mud puddle to cushion your bikes momentum
Step 7. Congrats!! Your beautiful R6 now looks like a beat up MX bike!!
Step 8. Bitch, moan, and rebuild

Moral of the story: No matter how badass you think you are by dragging knees in street corners, whether you've been doing it successfully for a year (in my case) or years, it will catch up to you, beat you and your bike up, and spit you out. Take the knee dragging to the track.

Bike isn't as bad as it should have been, so I thank my lucky stars for that. Frame sliders and rearsets saved me a ton of repair money. No mechanical repairs needed, just cosmetic. Really chaps my ass because I just got my bike custom painted pearl black about 3 weeks before this :mad:

Attachments

·
To the Bat Cave!
4,113 Posts
Agreed, lol. A most excellent read. Sorry you went down though man. Will it be a lesson for most? No, but at least it was for you. Take care, be safe, and good luck on the rebuild.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That sucks.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
don't worry Paytheon knows how to go off-roading on his r6 also:fact

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I thought this thread was a little more creative than most "wrecked my bike" threads. :lmao

I certainly learned my lesson Colt. I hope others won't have to learn it the way I did, but they will. Pinstripemonkey was behind me and got to watch it all go down. Shi*ty first impression on my part...:sing

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Glad your ok...but I did not need to see the horrible aftermath, look at that exhaust! *sigh* Hope you get her fixed up soon :(

And just for the record, I don't plan on dragging anything but ass. I am a put put rider.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
owch!

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
what rearests are those? Really look like they help up well... I put an exhaust slider on my can when i am going to go hit the track or rip up the twisties. For $30 it beats paying for a new can.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
sorry to hear that.hope you get her up and going soon.

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
In So Cal, there is a really good twisty spot to ride in the Palomar mountains. All the neighbors get pissed and throw sand in the turns, post up, and watch people go down. Pretty jacked up...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts