Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

??? How to swap a r6s frame ???

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  natedogg624 
#1 ·
I am going to swap my crashed R6s frame for another frame.....(bike is currently complete!

Anyone have any links on the best step by step process on how to do it?

Example. motor, then wheels, then swing arm....etc!

Thanks.......If not then this may get kind of messy! Ha Ha Ha

#4 ·
I am good with all the easy stuff, body work(which is trashed), forks, subframe, swingarm, my biggest concern is motor, ELECTRIC'S and steering stem.

I can take apart a dirt bike with my eye's shut. Never wrenched that hard on a sportbike motor before.....I think once the body is off I am going to take the hardest and heavy parts out first (the motor) hopefully conectors will not be a problem.

#5 ·
connections aren't too bad. after the radiator and exhaust are off, and the tank/airbox/t bodies, you can see most of the connections. at that point, take out all the engine mounting bolts except the one by the swingarm. then you can rotate the engine down and see if there's still any connections holding it up. then throw some jack stands by the exhaust ports to support it, throw a jack under the oil pan and support the engine so the weight is off that last bolt, remove, and lower the engine.

#6 ·
you're going to need some special sockets or dremel your own out of a spare cheap socket.

the swingarm/engine mount nuts are castle nuts so you'll need to find/make something that fits in the slots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.