Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 05 r6 and she sat for a few months, went to go ride her and the first week or two she rode fine fired right up. i went to start her the other day and she had a real low idle and then died right after and now she will crank but wont fire up. i know how to get to my plugs but how can i tell if they are bad? and also what plugs would you reccomend for good performance if i have to replace the plugs, btw my bike has about 13k miles on it.

·
Having trackday withdraws
135 Posts
Just go ahead and change them. I do mine once a season. It's prob overkill, but at least I know I have good spark. I also don't have a stock ecu and my bike runs rich.

Basically to tell if they're bad, take them out and look. If they're dark black, they'll make a weak spark. If they're wet, it'll cause a weak spark. You will find 0 performance gains from different plugs. Just go with the recommended plugs for your bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.