Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is an import from what I'm assuming to be either Canada/US (Is there a way to tell?) and the front indicators are always lit up when the bike is turned on. They work like they should...but in reverse, so they flicker from on to off instead of off to on. I'm assuming its some kind of legislation for the bikes up there? Anyway...

How do I swop the process around and keep them off and only on when I use a turn signal? The back indicators work as normal. I tried searching function in case somebody has a cow :toocool:

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
They do it for visibility reasons. There will be 3 wires on your turn signal wires - ground, power (When turn signal switch on), and ignition switched power. You only need to eliminate the constant 12v power wire, and it'll work the way you want it to.

I don't recommend that, as they really do assist cars in seeing you, but if the "cool kid" points are worth it to ya...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...im in two minds about it. It does help with visibility...but I keep getting called the "delivery bike" because down here most of them run that way.

Safety....Vs...ridicule...dammit!

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
I'd rather be called the delivery bike than increase the already high risk of getting hit by a car. I've been hit 3 times by cars on the street, I grew out of the "looking cool" phase years ago.

It doesn't look all that cool having your bike crunched up laying on the road either...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd rather be called the delivery bike than increase the already high risk of getting hit by a car. I've been hit 3 times by cars on the street, I grew out of the "looking cool" phase years ago.

It doesn't look all that cool having your bike crunched up laying on the road either...
If we all cared so much about visibility, we would all have our stock rear fenders and stock turn signals installed and ride with reflective vests.

Do you? I know 98 percent of us don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts