Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted my first thread in the New member forum, but I didn't seem to get any answers. Please forgive me for just reposting it here. My main question is the oil quantity....

------------

Hello there,

I'm Filip and I'm an alc... ((oops. sorry. wrong place))

Anyhow, I'm Filip from San Antonio. I'm picking up my "new" '06 R6 Raven later on today. I just sold my '04 Triumph Daytona 600 and was looking for either an R1 or an R6 all over local "for sale" bulletins. And then I found this one. It has 900 miles on it :nocontrol A girl bought it 3 years ago and pretty much just broke it in for me. $6,500 sounds like a good deal to me :toocool: Didn't have to fork over $8-9K for an R1

Anyway, while I'm ranting here, I need to ask some questions.

1. When I looked at the bike a couple of days ago, the tires were a bit low. She didn't have an air pump, so today I'm bringing my own. What is the recommended tire pressure for the '06 R6? From what I gathered, it had stock tires.

2. Since she has never had an oil change done :thumbdown I'm planning on doing it as soon as I get it home. I saw the How-to write-up which had a picture of 3 1qt. bottles on it. So, what is the exact amount of oil I need to put in? I'm not sure I will get the manual, so I just want to have all the answers, so I can do this in the midlde of the night tonight.

Also, what would be the recommended mods?

The list I have so far (in order of priority):

1. Competition werkes fender eliminator (w. short stalklblinkers)
2. PUIG opaque black windscreen (I don't think I've ever need to look through the screen, no matter what bike I was on.. I always look over, ao the painted screen would look better than smoke. Am I correct :flame )
3. Front flush mount blinkers
4. GYTR slip-on exhaust (I can't find any used better exhausts anywhere, so I'll go with the cheapest new one :thumbdown )
5. Re-upholster seat, for more padding for longer rides
6. Frame sliders
7. HIDx2 kit (6,000K)

·
Registered
96 Posts
uhh this how to guide should how to do most of the mods urself
http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-49.html

usually stock tires shoudl be aroudn 35-38psi
comments on mods
1:fender eliminator good, u gonna get flush mounts as well?
2:no DB( double bubble) and why opaque? windscreens are mostly for cosmetics, shoudl get a colored one or black is just fine.
3:lol.. didnt see this coming
4:gytr- yamaha's racing division, u could go with yoshi or akra or any other brand u like, u can youtube most of the exhuasts u find to get a better idea of the sound
5:more cushion is good if u are taller.
6:frame slider are ideal, but u will have to cut those fairings, especially if u do twisties
7:nice i have 8000k
8: maybe a pcIII and dyno??
hope this makes up for lack of attention hah

1 - 2 of 2 Posts