Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone. Hows everything. Happy Holidays and awesome website! Keep up the good work! I love it already. Just joined up as you can see and have been working on an album in my profile. Check it out! I feel pictures tell a story better than me boring you here with words lol. Plus I think it will give you an idea on what I'm all about.

I'm planning on picking up 2x 08+R6. I joined to gain as much knowledge as possible before dumping into the future money pits. lol. I plan on using these bike strictly for track time & schools before I try and get serious about road racing. I'm sure the search engine on here will get over used. I usually join a forum or two before getting into something big like this. Especially if I want to get serious with it in the near future.

Never really drove YAMAHA over the years but I think I'm going to start, hence me here today. I have a good feeling with this new direction i'm heading. Only YAMAHA's I've ever driven were a few quads and a couple dirtbikes, but nothing for the street.... I've always been a die hard HONDA & SUZUKI guy since day one. Just looking to try something different and head into a new direction. I'm thinking The R6 is the way to go.

One bike will be only for the track and the second will be for the street. I might have to pick up a 3rd bike for my wife lol, idk yet... I think I'll pick up a used track/race prepped bike to get used to it and maybe build the other from the ground up. idk, time will tell and it will all depend on my findings.

Anyway, my family and I are moving to OK pretty soon so, I would like to learn the inside and out's of this bike. I figured I came to the right place. :beerchug

Thanks for your time.

*Oh! someone please refer me to someone that does awesome Sigs! PayPal ready.

Rocky

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Welcome! This site is great, my biggest tip is don't let dumb remarks and little things get to you. We have become sort of a close bunch here and like to mess around, so you might get picked on as the "new" guy but it's all good...

I think this place is great and you can learn a TON from it.

As for sigs, hit up GIJomo:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123102

Is that your Ferrari and Duc? If so, I already hate you :p

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
Welcome! This site is great, my biggest tip is don't let dumb remarks and little things get to you. We have become sort of a close bunch here and like to mess around, so you might get picked on as the "new" guy but it's all good...

:secret It's a Lamborghini. :poke

OP, welcome to the family! :cheers +1 on hitting up Joe for a sig. Dude does great work. :fact

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
welcome...if you love this site it's because you're new (obviously) or have thick skin. This place is a gold mine of knowledge littered with plenty of fool's gold along the way. Take opinions for what they are worth, but don't take things too personally, it's the interwebz after all. If you have a legit question (no matter how dumb you think it is) riders on here will answer it. I'm about as knowledgeable about bikes as a pimp is about discounts, but I've learned all i know from this site...

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
It's a Toyota MR2.....

Please OP, more on the car. I find myself more interested in it and more respect for you since it's a kit. MOAR PICS
What makes you say that?

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
It's a Toyota MR2.....

Please OP, more on the car. I find myself more interested in it and more respect for you since it's a kit. MOAR PICS
What makes you say that?
Nvmd, I actually clicked on his profile. Looks real enough when all you see is an Avatar picture on a cell phone :lmao

OP, +1 on moar pics of the kit car.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
welcome! piece-o-advice #1: do not build your own track bike. buy one that's already set up and save yourself $5-10k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
welcome to the site! definetly the spot to be if your looking for info on are beutiful bikes!
Awesome!

Some good info! I know it's always like that w/low post counts and a new join date. I'll throw him a pm asap! Oh it's a Gallardo kit based on a 96' Toyota MR2. Took almost 3 years to finish it but I think it turned out ok. Little flaws here and there but nothing to the point where you would notice it unless you have another Gallardo next to it. I DID have a yellow 360 pull up to me and want to race but I turned him down cause I knew I would get smoked! lol Thanks! for the referral.

:secret It's a Lamborghini. :poke

OP, welcome to the family! :cheers +1 on hitting up Joe for a sig. Dude does great work. :fact

Will do!

It's a Toyota MR2.....

Nvmd, I actually clicked on his profile. Looks real enough when all you see is an Avatar picture on a cell phone :lmao

OP, +1 on moar pics of the kit car.
lol, I might have a few more laying around. I started taking pictures when I first started the build but after that long of a build I gave up with the pictures. Lots of pissed off nights with it. I almost gave up 3-4 times lol. Almost sold it more than that too. It's back home in Bullhead City, AZ. I sent it there after a year on Alaska's roads. there terrible! I appreciate the kind words.

welcome...if you love this site it's because you're new (obviously) or have thick skin. This place is a gold mine of knowledge littered with plenty of fool's gold along the way. Take opinions for what they are worth, but don't take things too personally, it's the interwebz after all. If you have a legit question (no matter how dumb you think it is) riders on here will answer it. I'm about as knowledgeable about bikes as a pimp is about discounts, but I've learned all i know from this site...
The site is pretty well put together. I like it already! Thanks for the heads up btw.

welcome! piece-o-advice #1: do not build your own track bike. buy one that's already set up and save yourself $5-10k
I think I'm steering that route already. I figure I would spend a decent $4-$8k on a decent track bike(s) and go from there. I already started browsing the FS section and Copart.

What a nice welcome already! Glad you guys liked my new album. Thanks!

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
You have a Ducati and a GSXR Track bike, why you want a 6?

Not hating, just wondering. Want a 09 R6 with less than 50miles for that Ducati? lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello and Welcome!
Thanks!

You have a Ducati and a GSXR Track bike, why you want a 6?

Not hating, just wondering. Want a 09 R6 with less than 50miles for that Ducati? lol
My Duc is just a cruiser bike for me. Used for bike nights and something that I will keep for life. More of a collector item that I will never take to the track. I know, prob a waste of money not to track it, but thats why I built the blue gsxr600. Little to nice for me to dump, since it's inevitable. Maybe if I get to the level I would like to be at, I'll consider a track day with it. The 750 is my wifes now and she won't give it back. lol.

tbh, I've always loved the look of the R6. On the track there hard to beat. I drove my friend Ken's (06') and it screamed everywhere. Where my GSXR was lacking...the R6 filled up....and I only drove it for the 2, 15min heats. It was night and day difference to me. I probably could have Jason (AMDS Tech) refreshed my suspension settings and tried some new slicks but I still think I would be stuck in envy, if you know what I mean. After doing some research I decided I wanted to go ahead with a R6 for the 2011 year. :D

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Don't know why I said Ferrari, I was thinking Lambo.. Either way I would have been wrong...

See ya around :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
Don't listen to Danny, he's going to be a lawyer. :secret

And I already welcomed you via PM, but enjoy the site man. Just like everyone else said, have thick skin or don't post stupid shit. We have a TOOOOON of haters here, myself included. I just usually laugh and go onto the next thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't listen to Danny, he's going to be a lawyer. :secret

And I already welcomed you via PM, but enjoy the site man. Just like everyone else said, have thick skin or don't post stupid shit. We have a TOOOOON of haters here, myself included. I just usually laugh and go onto the next thread.
lol, Thx bud. I do appreciate the invite and all the info for Hallett.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay on R6-Forum
Thx! I appreciate it! :cheers

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
forget the car, more pics of the bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts