Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my friend take a few pictures of me...too bad he sucks at motion shots. they are blurry but you can still see sorta

tips?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
dude....at first i thought i was super drunk looking at them photo's.....as long as you have your chest on the tank, head kissing the mirrors..your fine...are you dragging your knee?

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
less ass and more head. but over all looking good. can you take your left hand off the bar when ever you want? lieterally, when ever you want to, up to 90% lean angle at least. if you can't, then you aren't light enough on the bars. you want to completely support your body with your core and legs.

if i wanted to, i could pull my left hand off in this pic, i think i might have a pciture of it.

turn 4 at thunderhill

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Never done it personally, but from what I've seen you're all good EXCEPT dem dere yellow linez!!! Dont get killed bud, please?

BTW: I WANT A TRACK DAYYYYY!!!!:hammer

·
Registered
330 Posts
less ass and more head. but over all looking good. can you take your left hand off the bar when ever you want? lieterally, when ever you want to, up to 90% lean angle at least. if you can't, then you aren't light enough on the bars. you want to completely support your body with your core and legs.

if i wanted to, i could pull my left hand off in this pic, i think i might have a pciture of it.

turn 4 at thunderhill
NICE PIC Daredevil. Something for me to aspire to.:nocontrol

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
looks good i think i didnt know you should be able to take ur hand off though hmmm...

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
Looks pretty good man! You should try to ceom out to RFR and hit some of these track days with us.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
looks good i think i didnt know you should be able to take ur hand off though hmmm...
im not saying you HAVE to. im saying its an excersize to prove to yourself that you are light on the bars. if you are gripping them to hard in a turn, and using too much arm and hands to hold yourself up, you won't be able to pull a hand off. if you are light and easy on the bars, with your upper body off the bike rather than your ass, and using your legs and core to hold you up, you should be able to take your hand off without a problem.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
...can you take your left hand off the bar when ever you want? literally, when ever you want to, up to 90% lean angle at least. if you can't, then you aren't light enough on the bars. you want to completely support your body with your core and legs.
man, that's EXACTLY the kind of info i've been trying to gather by just lurking around. thank you.

and notice all the gravel on the opposite lane (in #1)! hope you didn't hit that going back home!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dude....at first i thought i was super drunk looking at them photo's.....as long as you have your chest on the tank, head kissing the mirrors..your fine...are you dragging your knee?
yeah..knee is on the ground

thanks for the tip. i just recently got a full suit, and this is my second day trying to...well drag knee and get the correct body position down. not sure if i can take my left hand off the bars...ill have you try it. but i thought you were supposed to push the bars, and try to avoid pulling. if you took off your left hand, you would be pulling hard with your right??

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks pretty good man! You should try to ceom out to RFR and hit some of these track days with us.
ive been thinking about going to thunderhill...but let me know a day, and im down. what group do you ride in?? think i could get away with riding in b-??

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
man, that's EXACTLY the kind of info i've been trying to gather by just lurking around. thank you.

and notice all the gravel on the opposite lane (in #1)! hope you didn't hit that going back home!
yeah...i ride this road alot so im familiar with it. i know the turns with gravel...
you shoulda seen it when it was closed for winter ;)

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
i have only been to 3 so far so i stick down low still that way i can work on different things. I am doing a combo of b and c hopefully this weekend. Ill let you know whe nwe do the next one, probably July 12th and 13th.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
dude, like everyone said, stay away from the double yellow before you get your head ripped off by traffic! looking good though

1 - 20 of 34 Posts