Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I know that there were a bunch of you that went in on a group buy for the HR1 exhaust. I just want to know how satisfied you all are. I'm asking cuz I wanna buy it; due to the kick ass sound as well as the fact that it makes the bike look so much better. I don't know what performance value it adds, if any, but as long as it doesn't impede then I'm all good.

Can all you HR1 owners post your pros and cons, how you like it. Should I buy it or not? Thanks...

P.S. I have and high mount Hindle Titanium right now. Like the look but don't like the sound.

·
What traffic?
68 Posts
I bought one, but still hasn't arrived yet. If you get a black tip, it's going to be back ordered I bet. Just FYI. I just love that short exhaust look.

·
Focus
728 Posts
Dude, I'd say go for the 06-08 R6R stock exhaust mod. In my opinion, they sound a hell of a lot better! Plus, I paid 25 bucks when I did mine. Better than the $400 or so for the riot pipe. Just my suggestion.

·
vroom vroom party starter
137 Posts
same here.. black/black riot ordered tuesday 27 may... still hasn't shipped... at least the Puig came in on time...

·
Registered
81 Posts
i am really looking into this exhaust too, because there arent really any shorty exhausts for the 03-05 r6 without modifying. so who has one of these POST YO!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought that there were a bunch of people on here with them....or have all of you just not got em yet? No posts from HR1 owners? Theres gotta be someone...

The stock R6R would def be a lot cheaper but I don't think it sounds as nice as the HR1. I hate the sound of the GYTR stubby. any one have any sound clips of the stock R6R on an '03-'05?

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
i have one.... Love it...

BUT ITS LOUD AS HELL!!! LIKE HELLA LOUD!!!

Had a guy tell me yesterday "dont ride next to me, its too loud and annoying." :nocontrol

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
The exhaust is awesome! IMO much better than the 06 comversion, no exhaust hanger floating in mid air not even doing anything.

PRO's: LOUD! Looks great, variable back pressure, easy to install, sounds great, makes great power with extra mods, I was dyno'd at 119 with the mods I have and this exhaust.

CON's: Poor communication with company, if you have other mods (performance) done to your bike you will need to get a custom map (just like any other slip-on). Some complained that there were burs left on the aluminum exhaust flange.

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts

:toocool:

·
What traffic?
68 Posts
same here.. black/black riot ordered tuesday 27 may... still hasn't shipped... at least the Puig came in on time...

Got you beat, ordered mine the 5/16 and still not here. :(

Not to hijack the thread, but are you guys just grinding off the exhaust mount from the passenger pegs or what?????

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
how loud is the riot compared to just straight headers?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let's hear some sound clips. I know I can go to the website but lets hear your guys' bikes.

I hear that the exhaust comes with a silencer? Have you guys put it in, does it sound like crap or just a quieter version? I don't wanna wanna buy it and then have to sell it cuz it's WAY too loud and b/c it sounds like crap with the sound tuner.

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Got you beat, ordered mine the 5/16 and still not here. :(

Not to hijack the thread, but are you guys just grinding off the exhaust mount from the passenger pegs or what?????
Yes sir...ground off and powder coated.

·
vroom vroom party starter
137 Posts
i dunno... maybe its just my ears but that doesn't sound loud at all.... course, i dont think my truck is loud but the neighbors tell me it knocks them out of bed.. (2003 Dodge ram quad cab with the 360 engine and a Flow 40 - 3" inlet, two 2.5" outs - with two 18" magnaflow 4 1/2" Exhaust tips...)

main reason i went for the HR1 was because of the tone.. Granted, these high reving inline 4s sound like a pissed off bumble bee, but the HR1 gives it a more throaty sound... i just can't stand the sound of most of the other exhausts on the market because of how high pitched they are.

damn.. DesertRat 5/16 and no word on it? i emailed them today and he said he would gimmie a status as soon as they opened on Tuesday.. I will say this for them, they have been very prompt about responding to and answering all my questions.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts