Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 R6. this has happened once before to me, i attempt to launch at a light at around 6k rpm and slip the clutch out... the bike falls on its face(possible rider error) BUT then all through out 2nd 3rd 4th n 5th the bike is just DEAD, huge loss in power. i get to the next light and take off normally and then hit the gas and she back running normal again.

is it possible i could have flooded the bike or anything by holding it at 6k 7k for a period of time before launching??

any help would be great

·
My R6 eats chickenstrips
46 Posts
I don't think it's possible to flood the engine of a fuel injected bike. Maybe a loose wire/bad connection somewhere? Or maybe you're just a bit low on gas? I'll have to think on that one....

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
2007 R6. this has happened once before to me, i attempt to launch at a light at around 6k rpm and slip the clutch out... the bike falls on its face(possible rider error) BUT then all through out 2nd 3rd 4th n 5th the bike is just DEAD, huge loss in power. i get to the next light and take off normally and then hit the gas and she back running normal again.

is it possible i could have flooded the bike or anything by holding it at 6k 7k for a period of time before launching??

any help would be great
...and bingo was his naaaaame-oooo!

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
try launching at 12-13k, that should help find the powerband.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts