Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered new front and rear sprockets, chain, and driven grips.
I got a call within an hour saying they didn't have the rear sprocket I ordered. So I called them back and he hooked me up with an even better sprocket. Everthing was at my door in 4 days and free shipping. We need more business' with customer service like that. It seems that service like that is getting more and more extinct. Its that oldschool adittude that brings people back.
So a big thanks to Corey at Motomummy.com.
cheers.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Mine was ok.....it took some time, and i might be going elsewhere with future business. But it wasnt a horrible experience. Corey is a good guy and works to make it right. But IMO, it should be perfect everytime and it shouldnt have to be "made right".

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
motomummy is awesome. Like you said free shipping, low prices, and great customer service. I recommend him to everyone that asks for parts.

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
I also ordered my sprocket kit from Motomummy and the same thing happened. While I'm thrilled that a call was made advising of the problem, I'd rather have known that it was out of stock via the website prior to my order.

Pre-notification is better than post notication IMO.

Regardless, motomummy does keep the customer informed after the order. This is something to be said.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
Mine was ok.....it took some time, and i might be going elsewhere with future business. But it wasnt a horrible experience. Corey is a good guy and works to make it right. But IMO, it should be perfect everytime and it shouldnt have to be "made right".
^^ Of course in a perfect world all of the people could be pleased all the time. However, such isn't the case. I think it speaks huge volumes about Corey to say that when a problem does come up that he does everything he can to make it right.

I've dealt with Corey several times. Most of them were very smooth transactions, one required a little work. Corey was on the phone with me quickly to sort out the problem. It was that personal touch from him and that extra effort he put in to fix the problem that made me a very happy customer of his. I would gladly do business with Corey at any time.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
^^ Of course in a perfect world all of the people could be pleased all the time. However, such isn't the case. I think it speaks huge volumes about Corey to say that when a problem does come up that he does everything he can to make it right.

I've dealt with Corey several times. Most of them were very smooth transactions, one required a little work. Corey was on the phone with me quickly to sort out the problem. It was that personal touch from him and that extra effort he put in to fix the problem that made me a very happy customer of his. I would gladly do business with Corey at any time.
Its kind of funny though. I ordered a termignoni exhaust and a puig DB windscreen. The products were shipped later than expected. That wasnt the big problem with me. When I received the exhaust, NO Windscreen. SO i emailed corey, and he emailed me back saying the shipped my windscreen to a different address. How does that happen. I understand we are all humans, but if you ship two packages to the same customer, normally this mistake would not be made. I did receive the windscreen 5 days later though. I just feel it could have been better. Like i said, I may do business with Motomummy in the future, but may be willing to spend a few more dollars to go with a company that has yet to let me down.

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
The main thing everyone should take away from this thread is that in each of the circustances that took place, Corey ended up doing right in the end. Many companies fail on customer service and Motomummy seems be holding true. All in all, Motomummy has good management and a future if they continue to provide a good priced product and outstanding customer service.

Corey, you guys really should list stuff as out of stock on your website when they are on back order. This seems to be a reoccuring problem that comes up often. However, from a business stand point, I can understand why you'd go about it the way you are.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
it's the motorcycle accessory business. always call before u order...

i called motomummy a couple weeks ago to see if the protons were in stock. "they're starting to trickle in". translation: they can still take up to a couple weeks. found them on another site, called (in stock), got them 3 days later.

my advice is to start with companies that have a good reputation of that you've delt with in the past. if they can't help you, move on to alternative choices. motomummy is always at the top of my list. i ended up buying them from hammy the can man. shopping takes a little longer and you might pay a couple bucks extra, but it can save you weeks on parts that are back ordered.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I wish mine went that smoothly.
I waited 11 days after PLACING my order to send them an email VIA their website. (I did it on a weekend)
I got a reply on Monday stating they tried to call my phone (I'm deployed and put it on hold, but the phone company changed my number....bastards..:mad:)
I wrote them an email sayin that email was my only method of comms
They wrote one back (I think) a day after saying that I needed to email them from a military email address. Well I just finished that email (from my military address...lol) and hopefully everything will be good to go on my order. I appreciate the communication that was passed back and forth, but I was upset that it took 11 days and an email from me to get things going, but I do understand that stuff happens and things get mixed up so no worries, just as long as I get the full exhaust system I ordered at THE CHEAPEST PRICE I COULD FIND I'll be happy.

I tell ya what, after a tour in the sandbox...lots of the things in life I used to get pissed off about just dont seem to be all that big a deal anymore. Just wanna say thanks to motomummy for the super cheap price, the free shipping, and the communication that happened with my order.:)

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
if you list a fake phone number (wrong one, etc) it takes things to a whole new level due to scammers. I wish I could go into detail about how we handle scammers, but we take very high measures to insure we don't g et hit by them as scammer don't hurt businesses as much as they do the customers of that business as they affect the overall prices of a company. I wish I could explain on here why we do what we do in these circumstances, but of course listing that on a public forum wouldn't be a good idea. Just wanted to explain.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
if you list a fake phone number (wrong one, etc) it takes things to a whole new level due to scammers. I wish I could go into detail about how we handle scammers, but we take very high measures to insure we don't g et hit by them as scammer don't hurt businesses as much as they do the customers of that business as they affect the overall prices of a company. I wish I could explain on here why we do what we do in these circumstances, but of course listing that on a public forum wouldn't be a good idea. Just wanted to explain.
I figured that's what it was for so that's why I aint upset. I wasn't making it a hit against you guys, so dont think I was downin your company or anything. Like I previously said, thanks for everything else about the order though.:) That exhaust was dirt cheap, and free shippin ta boot.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Corey did me pretty well, and kept in contact with me....the dilemma I had was mostly due to my eMail service blocking his emails for some odd reason...in the end he made it right.

I'll be doing business again with him in the future. :toocool:

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whatever you're doing to keep the scammers away and the prices down is fine by me. I'll be putting in an order soon for a damper. Thanks again.

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
Your reputation continues to become more positive as time goes on. I'll continue ordering from you guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts