Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody seen these Chinese bikes around? There's one that rides around my town. I'd think they'd be chinese ripoff cheapos. Are they? The guy that rides around here is a total tool. baseball hat turned backwards with shades and a polo t-shirt with khaki shorts and tennis shoes. The bike has a squeaky sound to it. It's higher pitched than our bikes stock yet quieter. Sounds like a pussy bike to me hahahah :fact

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
It's actually Korean.

The bike is okay, just not better than Japanese. Hyosung 250 is the only one I've seen/heard of but it isn't as popular as the Ninja 250R.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I heard a guy talking about holding the lap record at Willow Springs...on his street trim Hyosung :)

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
i heard they were built and owned by suzuki....and they have a 650 out than just 250....seen em' a couple years back..

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Chinese, Korean, whatever. Both countries make cheap ass stuff.
Actually no, I'm actually a fan of Japanese/Korean items. Korean leads in Fashion, they enforce cheap knock offs etc.

I believe they made it to be different because they have a 250cc race bracket and Ninja 250's take the lead so I guess they wanted something different.

Chinese on the other hand, :yuk: I can post so many images of them knocking off brands etc.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I saw one before, te 250. Looks and feels cheap and sounds like crap. I would never post one...

They seem to be doing ok making the ATM's for my Citibank though....

·
I4 Virgin
80 Posts
i heard they were built and owned by suzuki....and they have a 650 out than just 250....seen em' a couple years back..
IIRC They definitely aren't owned by suzuki. Suzuki used the hyosung 650 motor a couple years back and put it into the SV650 for a little while. Hyosung also makes a 650 in addition to the 250. I've heard that the quality is noticeably shittier once you get down to it. I also believe that the 250 is a single cylinder thumper as opposed to the kawi parallel twin.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
IIRC They definitely aren't owned by suzuki. Suzuki used the hyosung 650 motor a couple years back and put it into the SV650 for a little while. Hyosung also makes a 650 in addition to the 250. I've heard that the quality is noticeably shittier once you get down to it. I also believe that the 250 is a single cylinder thumper as opposed to the kawi parallel twin.
awww, i stand corrected, but none the less, are cheaply built

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
:nono

Education is surely wasted on you.

The guy that rides around here is a total too......... Sounds like a pussy bike to me hahahah :fact
Sounds like YOU'RE the tool here... :fact

·
d^.^b
78 Posts
I thought about getting a 650 Hyosung back then because I was low on money. Luckily I held back and wait until I see a good deal on my R6s.
Then I saw the Hyosung in person one night and wow, I was so glad I didn't buy it. I would literally cry if I had and compare the two bikes, it's way worst.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
My friend has the 650 and its slow but a decent bike. He has wrecked it twice and rode it hard and still runs decent. Not a great bike but for 3k brand new what can you expect?

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
FYI thats a 250 and is made in korea..

haha, have you been living under a rock since 1980's? take a look at your cell phone, IF you have one.. SAMSUNG, LG, they are korean products... def not same quality as china... i dont even know any chinese TV, phone, appliance products...

let me guess, hyundai is also chinese cars? LMAO!!!!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.