Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is the ultimate squid. He has always wanted a bike, so when I bought mine last year he had to get 1. He got a really good deal on a 06 cbr 600rr, its a really nice bike. But anyway he has never rode a motorcycle of any kind, when we had dirt bikes he had a 4 wheeler. He has no experiance what so ever on a bike. He wears NO gear at all. For instance the first day I rode with him he kept wanting to pull over I asked why he said his hands were cold? He didn't have any gloves so I went and bought him some about 2 miles up the road. What tops it off he has had the bike for about a month and has yet to drive on the freeway LOL. But here is the real kicker he showed up at another friends house the other day. He was wearing shorts, tank top, sandels and his ICON helmet. And his wife was on the back wearing flip flops, capri pants and a T shirt . I asked him if he was tryin to see how much hamburger he could make if he wrecked! sorry for the lon post oh he also goes 7 mph UNDER the speed limit :YEA

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
so hes financially challenged or a poser is what your saying?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
(ride hard ride fast) life begins at 100mph...well for some people..
:popcorn:
i give him credit at least he's gotten a helmet

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
well....he's gonna learn it the hard way then...some people just don't learn, wanna be a good friend and buy lots of neosporen and gauze wraps?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hey I didn't get on the highway for like 3 weeks. :D

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
Most of the friends I ride with in the summertime only wear shorts sandals and maybe a shirt. Im the only one that always wears gear for the most part. I do have my squidish moments and wear shorts which I know is bad but it happens.

·
Captain Save-A-Ho
744 Posts
Its really sad to know there are people like that in this world. Also when the information is at your finger tip and you still can't grasp it. Be a good friend and educate him on why he needs gear and maybe some tips on how to be a better rider, maybe a training class. He is just ignorant. I know that is a harsh word to use but it describes the situation. Your friend and his wife will thank you.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Definitely educate him.

Get him to attend the MSF course and get him wearing gear. Encouraging him to get a more beginner friendly bike is a good idea as well or at a minimum point out the dangers of the 600 cc supersport class.

If he does not listen and take the safety course and wear the gear after you educate him it shows a lack of judgement and you should stay away from him when he is on two wheels.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
MSF Classes are good but I would say more over rated... 2 day want teach you enough to make out here on the real streets.. I wouldnt call him a complete squid yet because he hasnt hit the freeway yet.. I stayed on back streets for 2.5 months to make sure I wouldn't do anything stupid and learned how to react to different situation...

·
weird
132 Posts
Thats pretty cool to talk sh*t behind your friends back. Try saying it to his face and help him out instead of bitching about it on a forum.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts