Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM NEVER GOING TO BUY ANOTHER YAMAHA AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought my 07 R6 in November of 06. Since that time I have had nothing but headaches. A blown motor!! Had to replace the clutch(no I do not wheelie!!). Valves needed adjustment. Bad stator. Now, I go out this morning for my sunday ride through the twisties, and it dies sitting at a red light. I am sure I am foregetting a few things that have gone wrong with this piece of shit. This is my 4th R6 since 1998. I have always kept my bikes perfect. I have all the regular maintenance done by a certified yamaha shop.

YAMAHA SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My next bike will be a Kawi. I never hear of Kawi's breaking.

Screw Yamaha!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow, your comments are quite extreme. Was the bike brand new from the dealer? I have a brand new 2007 (680 miles and counting) and its been nothing but great! No problems or anything. Weird

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, your comments are quite extreme. Was the bike brand new from the dealer? I have a brand new 2007 (680 miles and counting) and its been nothing but great! No problems or anything. Weird
Yes, the bike was brand new! 680 miles is nothing. I have 13,000 on this peice of crap.

Yes we have lemon laws. No, it's not covered under lemon law. Yamaha keeps fixing this hunk of shit.

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
It doesn't matter if they keep fixing it...I would look into the laws for your state and what the provisions are for labeling something a lemon.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't matter if they keep fixing it...I would look into the laws for your state and what the provisions are for labeling something a lemon.
I don't care about lemon laws. First of all, Yamaha should not be putting out these crappy ass bikes. Secondly, they should have replaced it a long time ago when y motor blew. Further, Yamaha sucks!!

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then can I have your bike and I'll do the lemon law stuff. I agree! SCREW YAMAHA GIVE ME YOUR BIKE!!!:poke
Honestly bro, if I had the money, it would be yours. Unfortunatly, I owe $11,000 on this peice of crap because I baught the maintenance plan, the tire and rim protection, gap, and extended warrenty. So I am stuck with this thing.

For those of you who never saw this crappy Yamaha motor blown her a a couple of pics to refresh you memories. Keep in mind that the motor blew after only 5 months of ownership.

·
12,482 Posts
Sorry to hear about ur problems.

EVERY manufacturer lets some duds out the factory... Yamaha is NOOOO different. I've had two R6's... the first one was a used '04... I put about 3000 miles on it before it was stolen...

my current is an '07 R6s... I just hit 5000 miles last week... NOOOOOOO problems what so ever.

You just bought a dud, that's it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i'd rather spend 11 grand on hookers and blow with eliot spitzer, but bikes are fun too! :YEA Seriously tho', you should contact yamaha's corporate office. I had some issues with a dealership and a broken valve that was taking forever to fix and corporate yamaha contacted the dealership and lit a fire under their ass to take care of the situation, a two week problem was resolved within 24 hours after that phone call. I'm sure if you have a documented history of this stuff and explain your case, yamaha would do something to help you out. If yamaha let people return their bikes over having the wrong redline for RPMs, certainly your scenario would qualify for some sort of lemon exchange. Anyways, best of luck!

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
sorry to hear this man... i've never heard about something like this with any bike or car.... it's just a bad bike (1 out of 1000's)

hope yama corp will be able to diagnose the prob for u

p.s. i hate stealerships

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'd rather spend 11 grand on hookers and blow with eliot spitzer, but bikes are fun too! :YEA Seriously tho', you should contact yamaha's corporate office. I had some issues with a dealership and a broken valve that was taking forever to fix and corporate yamaha contacted the dealership and lit a fire under their ass to take care of the situation, a two week problem was resolved within 24 hours after that phone call. I'm sure if you have a documented history of this stuff and explain your case, yamaha would do something to help you out. If yamaha let people return their bikes over having the wrong redline for RPMs, certainly your scenario would qualify for some sort of lemon exchange. Anyways, best of luck!

Me too LOL.

I am going to call Yamaha on monday and ask about an exchange. I asked when the motor blew the first time and they said no so we will see what they say this time.

To add to my story, I know a guy by the name of D-Wire. He was number 1 in CCS last year and number 5 in WERA(or other way around). Anyway, he raced an 07 R6. In one race(or weekend) he blew 7 motors. 7!!!!! for cryin out loud. One or two I can understand, but 7. Comon!!! There is something majorly wrong with these crapahas!

·
Banned
441 Posts
For the amount of people that I know that own that model bike I say its a pretty stand up machine. Just bc you and some guy you knew got a bad bike dosnt mean the rest of um are bad as well. Your the only one I know that has had this big of a problem. You've bought R6's since 98 for a reason...

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles, I have an 07 that is ridden like it should be track and street no issues at all. I have 4,000 miles on it right now and could not be happier.

Also..I would not make the assumption that this can't happen to any bike. I had a CBR600 that caused more problems than any bike I have owned. My brother will not buy anything but Kawasaki he has has about 4 of them all 600's and one was a major pain in the ass with a blown motor and major electrical problems. It can happen to any bike unfortuately ....anyway good luck with whatever bike you choose.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've never heard of any body blowing an R6 engine...I've ridden yamaha my whole life (XT350, FZ6, R6). Maybe you got a bad bike, or maybe you don't know how to ride...Hmmm...I wonder....

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
has "had" about 4 of them

·
Registered
330 Posts
FYI you're on the wrong forum to flame the R6. You've made it abundantly clear how unhappy you are with your bike. Keep us posted on the situation, but enough is enough.

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
To add to my story, I know a guy by the name of D-Wire. He was number 1 in CCS last year and number 5 in WERA(or other way around). Anyway, he raced an 07 R6. In one race(or weekend) he blew 7 motors. 7!!!!! for cryin out loud. One or two I can understand, but 7. Comon!!! There is something majorly wrong with these crapahas![/QUOTE]

:sing 7 motors in one weekend. You lost a little credibility with that one.:thumbdown. I am pretty confident if your running every 20 minutes in an 8 hour day for 2 days he would not be able to replace 7 motors. Even if your saying he has 7 bikes sitting and waiting I still call BS. I think Yamaha would have a major recall out and you would see this consistantly all over the country.

I know a great bike and a great forum you would probally be happy at.....SUZUKI.

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Dustin Boyd won CCS last year along with others all on Suzukis. Who are you talking about???? Give me a name I would like to contact him since I race also and ask him about blowing 7 yamaha R6 motors in one weekend.

1st place and MW Regional Champion
Unlimited Supersport - 1st place and MW Regional Champion
Unlimited GP - 1st place and Regional Champion
GTO - 1st place and Regional Champion
Amateur Overall Points - Regional Champion

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First of all Big, I have been on this forum a lot longer than you. Don't try to school me. Secondly Big, you think I do not know how to ride. Anytime you want to go to the trackto test your skills against me, I'd be happy to lap you a few times. I have been riding for 10+years been racing for 2, so please take your squid ass somewhere else.

Yam07R6, D-wire is a real person and it is a true story. I was sitting in his pits when he told me the story. The guy is sick. He should be on the AMA circuit. He blew a few race motors, than asked his wife to go to Yamaha and pick up a new bike and he took the motor from that bike and threw it in his race bike and blew it. I don't care if you do not beleive me. Anyone race the south east CCS and WERA that want to back me up on D-wire feel free to jump in.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts