Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its friday, casual day at my office so I take the bike. I go in tha garage, start it up and pull it out while I put on my helmet ect. Hop on her and put it in gear being an idiot in a hurry I forgot to put my kickstand up, well this time, my bike goes into first, takes off, and then I bump my kickstand leaving my driveway WTF?? Did the neutral safety switch come un plugged? can it come unplugged? I am in the dark here guys, I havent had a chance to look at it since I got to work...

Stunnaz:
Bike still engages in gear and goes when the kickstand is down...

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Under the seat huh? (driver i am assuming) Is it obvious which one it is?

·
Registered
448 Posts
On a 2000 model its a two wire plug with a green clip under the driver seat. You will have to pull the seat to get a good view. I have heard of people cutting these wires to disable the safety feature but its really simpler and easier to correct if you unpug these wires. If yours is not unplugged check to see if the wires are broken down by the kickstand switch. And it could be a bad switch too.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, ill check it out when i get home... Thanks

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
it's probably a bad switch.
when you unplug it, it should kill the engine. when you remove the kickstand for racing you have to jump the wires together to so you can put it in gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts