Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the problem...Engine when getting hot around 189 190 will start to idle bad and by bad I mean misfiring at idle and all the way up to 5k. Weather hot or cold if I flick the throttle the response is terrible and when it drops back down to idle itll drop down to 1k misfire a little and then idle normal. Needless to say when I do that same thing when it's hot it'll kill the bike. Ran diagnostics and the tps for the throttle wire is perfect goes up to 100 on both the one for the throttle valves will go up to 51 then when I turn the throttle a little bit more to go it'll do a ticking sound and the throttle valves will flicker. Also upon start up I know the throttle valves are supposed to open all the way but all they do is click and that's it

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR TO TRY TO FIX IT:
  • taken out and cleaned both tps with electric cleaner moved them around put them back on lined up my lines
  • bought a used running throttle assembley (still does the same thing even worse though only goes to 44)
  • rebuilt the engine (it needed it anyways cause of low compression)
  • did replace one ignition coil cause it was partially melted
  • checked all charging systems perfect
  • taken out pc5 (only new piece on there since the rebuild figured it could maybe mess with the bike somehow) when taken off idle is bad the whole time but doesn't get worse when hot
  • new spark plugs
  • all fluids changed
  • throttle bodies synced
and I may be missing more but that's off the top of my head

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME I'VE TAKEN IT TO MULTIPLE PLACES NO ONE CAN FIGURE IT OUT AND I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIX THIS FOR 4 MONTHS!!!!!

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
What about the other 3 coil packs? They are known to sometimes still function and test good at cold temperatures when they have failed. It's when they get up toward operating temp that they get worse and start malfunctioning.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
coil packs. That's my bet. I had one test good but was still failing. I had one that would run fine after X rpm, but not at idle and vica versa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll test them again when they're hot just to see if thats it another weird thing is when it's idling bad and I rev it up to 6k and hold it for a couple seconds when it drops back down it'll idle fine for a few seconds and then go right back into it as long as the temperature is high

1 - 4 of 4 Posts