Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the quickest and easiest DIY mod I have ever heard of or dreamed up. I had an issue with wearing the toes out of boots at the track, and as everyone knows boots are expensive, especially at a pair per weekend. So, in the interest of not spending the money of aftermarket rearsets unless I have to, I said to hell with it and grinded a good inch off each peg. Anyone ever done this before?? I just took it out to a couple twisties I like and dragged a knee for a bit and my feet didn't touch once, it seems like all is well but my first weekend at the track this year will definately tell the tail. Maybe I'll have to buy new rearsets or maybe I've just done the cheapest mod in history lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
ive herd of plenty people doin it. just looks tacky. but hey man, they aint seeing it once your foots on it. plus everyone who is too concerned about the looks really arent riding half the time, so to hell with em. be safe bro

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean about the look man, it was a little ragged looking at first so I got out my dremel tool and smoothed everything out and polished them again, they look like they came out of the box like that now!! And your right, too much concern for looks means too little concern for other things, the bottom line is I can lean the bike over further and faster lol, on the track of course!!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Im no pro racer or anything, but judging from your pic, you could move your foot further in and back. maybe get off the bike a little more so you dont have to lean as far

·
Garage Queen R6
719 Posts
I agree, if you're draggin boots, then your foot positioning is most likely not correct. Either that or you dont have enough weight on the outside peg to keep the bike more upright while you lean. Might wanna look into that, but if your currect technique works for you, more power to you. -=o)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts