Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crashed my bike tonight and I was wondering where to get some stock body parts at. Heres what I found that I need. Any help is greatly appreciated. My deductable for insurance is 500 so if I could fix it for under a grand I would rather do that than go through my insurance.Not sure what some of this shit is called so bare with me. The back subframe pice the bolt sheered of at the frame so I think I might be able to actually use it because its not bent. I was thinking of going with all black fairing kit. Where might I be able to get that?I got no Idea what this shit costs but I am sure I am not going to be happy

Front right headlight
Passenger seat
my back tail piece fairings
The back subframe piece where the seats are
The front fairing that goes around the lights
winshield
the bracket that goes to the guages and front fairing the piece that the air comes through into the intake.
Tank
front brake lever

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Go to flatoutmotorcycles.com and use the parts fiche, figure out what you need and add it up. I am guessing you are in at least the $1500 deollar range if you buy new. You might find some used parts also.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tore into it on sunday and found out that the steering stop tab on the right side is broken off. What do you all think? Is it something that needs to be replaced? Or can it be let go? I am leaning towards replaceing it. But I am not looking forward to pulling the forks off. Already had to pull the forks to replace the seals early this season.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I tore into it on sunday and found out that the steering stop tab on the right side is broken off. What do you all think? Is it something that needs to be replaced? Or can it be let go? I am leaning towards replaceing it. But I am not looking forward to pulling the forks off. Already had to pull the forks to replace the seals early this season.
Only you can answer that question! If you plan on keeping the bike:poke

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
sorry to hear this man

but looks like insurance would total it, so just get paid and get 08

my .02

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
they would prolly look at the cost of buying new set of fairings (OEM is about $3K, I think) plus headlight, cluster assembly, etc. from what i hear they usually total a bike after any more/less serious crash as there is no easy way to determine whether/not there is any structural damage

i suggest you raise another thread about it on here/other forums to see what would others suggest... i dont have such experience with insurance (hope never will)...

if they total it, u have an option to buy it back and use the money (difference) to restore it or just get the r1 :) and if they don't, u can get enough money to restore it with the best OEM parts (less co-pay)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts