Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I posted last I've been busy racing my '04 R6. This past weekend I was racing at a local track. I came through a high speed bend and a guy in front of me almost high-sided, I made a split second decision to stand my bike up to avoid a collision. I went off the track at about 110 mph and into the grass. I was doing okay (but shitting my pants) untill I hit a 5" bump hidden in the grass, that was enough to send the rear tire over the bars. I tumbled along for approx 50 yards while my bike performed acrobatics.

The mount on the bottom of the swingarm for the linkage bust off, the swingarm itself bent to the left. The right rearset bent, broke my front master cylinder, fairing stay, windshield, pinched my power commander harness etc. etc. etc.

I was able to ride a friend of mine's "back-up" bike, an '02 R6 and finish my races. I was fortunate enough that I was okay physically and could ride again.

Here are a couple pics...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
damn a lot of people have been wrecking! is god putting a curse on the streetbikes?

i hope not cause i plan to ride again one day.....

sorry about your loss, me rsixxer, solyce, and other forum members feel your pain...

everything happens for a reason the 05's are coming out soon. other then that good luck with everything
:cheers

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
R6 owner needs a hand.....

Thanks OCboy !! Hopefully I'll get my bike together and it won't have
any weird shakes etc.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna need a little help
from my fellow R6 Forum people. I need someone to measure the distance from the middle of the swingarm pivot to the middle of the
front axle. If anyone could do that (on their '03 or '04) I would be
VERY greatfull !!!!!!! That will tell me if the frame is bent, or at least
let me know if something is out of whack.

AL

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i can do that tomorrow if noone does it sooner

sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear you came through without any damage to yourself :cheers

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
You shouldn't need a static measurement. Just measure both sides and see if they are different.
Sorry to hear about your crash. Glad you're ok, and I Hope you're back on the track soon.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Damn bro sorry to hear about the little mishap....but i'm glad to hear that you are okay. There have been a couple incidents with forum members lately so everyone be safe and keep it rubber side down. Enjoy the summer riding season.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I haven't been getting the "reply to your post has been made" messages.

Yeah, my suit is a Teknic Violator and I've got an HJC AC 10 lid. I got the suit on a year end closeout deal, I got it for $465 US and got the lid on E-bay a year and a half ago for $110 US.

I need the swingarm pivot to axle pivot measurement for comparison reasons. I can measure mine and it doesn't really matter if it's the same on both sides, the reason for the measurement is to check if the steering head/frame is bent. Comparing the two sides won't really tell me anything, I have to compare #'s with a bike that hasn't been crashed.

AL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts