Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hmm, definitely sounds totaled. Get some pics up or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
You'll get around 4k if you total the bike through insurance. I had an 04 totalled last fall and they gave me 4500 for it. You can get the frame welded at a reputable frame shop and it'll be good to go.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ouch.. more money to dump into the bike.

might i ask what the hell you were doing?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
looks like to me you got the shogun no cut sliders.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
looks like very minimal damage to the frame...your bike is still good, put some decal and cover the scratches or wear them as badges of honor.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Sorry I did not see those responses. Well I was riding behind my buddy on his bike, i was offset to the right of him, like you learn in MSF. He was looking for a street to turn on and realized that the street coming up 10 ft was the street we had to turn on. We had on intercoms, and he said turning right, i didnt realize what he said until he braked (or broke) hard and I saw his blinker on. So I had to slam my brakes on, and instead of riding upright right into him, I went down. My bike went into his and he went down also.

We are not seriously injured, unless you count our ego and pride. They took a pretty big hit. My hip hurts, will probably bruise, i have a small road rash on the top of my knee.

What really pisses me off is I just bought a 300 dollar helmet and it just had to hit the ground.
But it did it's job. So there you go, you just saved urself $3000 in MRI's :)

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
id let insurance total it if its a total and get a new bike. I would never feel safe on it again....
p.s. whered u get the tripple tree cover from? i want one like that

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts
I would get it aligned and checked out, that right fork is messed up. One good corner and *poof* ull be replacing another helmet maybe worse.

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts
ya, frame looks like its fine, i'd be worried about that fork, check it out to see if its leaking fluid anytime you ride if you decide not to fix anything. It can be fine one day with no wobbles or that, but then the next time you could get wrecked because it will give out. Atleast go to a shop and get the bike checked out and get told exactly what needs to be done.

take it easy next time, speed is a killer.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
that frame does NOT look fine!
there is no way i would feel comfortable riding a bike with frame damage like that. do you have full coverage? i would let them total the bike

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have to agree the frame is damaged. I know you did not buy the frame sliders, but let this be a lesson to you. frame sliders are a very important purchase, I hate seeing people buy the cheep $20-$30 frame sliders off the shelve. just remember LSL made by speigler. they are pricey, but you have to replace a bike that a $120 set of frame sliders would have prevented.

Glad to hear you are okay, please get rid of the busted frame.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i would take it somewhere and get a professional opinion. there is only so much anyone can tell by looking at these pics. if it is safe then its safe, if its not get it fixed, if it can't be fixed and you have full coverage let them total your bike, if you don't have full coverage get an new frame or forks or whatever you need and spend the dough, or part it out.

take it to a professional that you can trust, i would not be comfortable taking advice from people around the world looking at a picture, when your life depends on it!!!!!

·
Track addict!
96 Posts
that frame does NOT look fine!
there is no way i would feel comfortable riding a bike with frame damage like that. do you have full coverage? i would let them total the bike
:stupic That frame is ****ed. You might take a loss, but I would definitely let insurance total it out... You will never be able to sell that bike with frame damage like that.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
But how much would it cost to get a frame repaired? Would it really be any cheaper than getting a new frame? What you guys think possibly total the bike buy it back from insurance swap to a new frame and use the rest the money to pay off the bike? Seems that might be an option?

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
my advice to you would be to start drinking heavily..........sorry, i had to

1 - 20 of 22 Posts