Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Was it as good for you?
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got home from work today only to realize that I had left my wallet in my work truck. So I used this as an excuse to go for a ride.

Get to work, get in the truck, find my wallet. Tidy up a bit. Get back on the bike and head out. Go about 1/4 mile down the road to the stop light and get in the turning lane.

After waiting for a minute for the light I see the reflection of blue and reds in a car going in front of me. I turn around to see a cop car with the lights on and an officer flipping the fcuk out.

When the light turns green I pull over and start to take my helmet off. Before I can get the bike shut off he is right there asking formy information.

As I start to get off the bike he tells me to put my hands on my head and do not move. After a quick frisking I get him my info and ask what is going on.

He looks at me like I'm retarded. And states "yeah I just chased you for like 4 miles, though you could get away huh." My response "uh, no?"

After explaining what I had just been doing and where I was coming from and going he informs me my bike and attire fits the description to a T. Then he notices another bike pulling up and the red light and pulls him over too.

Apparently this kid had been up the road were the real perp was and grilled him on if he knew who I was and why was he riding me me. This kid says he was not riding with the other guy but just happen to get passed by him. (This kid btw needs to get some gear other than a helmet. God..)

After letting the officers know the other guy was on another kind of bike and was not wearing a leather jacket or gloves but a hoodie and backpack, they let him go. The officer then hands me my information and tells me I'm free to go.... almost.

Suddenly some fat guy pulls into the parking lot in minivan shouting and pointing at me. The cops tells me to hang tight for a minute while he talks to the guy.

A couple minutes go buy and the cop comes back. Tells me the fat guy lives in a trailer park up the road and will testify in court that it was me that went by, no ifs ands or buts.

So I inform the cop that my work as like 15 security cameras on site and I would be more than happy to provide that footage as evidence at a hearing.

He talks to the the other cop who looks at me and says "man I believe him. If he was running from you why would he stop and a red light then willingly pull over? Plus, if he's saying he has video footage of him at his work that he's willing to show I court it probably wasn't him."

After some pacing back and forth; and what looked like an internal mental battle, I was free to go on my way.

TL;DR
Cliffs: White guys can fit the description too!

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Ftp

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Cops are **** /thread

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
cool story. Good thing it wasn't you they were looking for! But I guess they really had no idea who they were looking for, just "some guy on a bike".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts