Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The is the ultimate fucking stand I have ever seen :!: :!::!: You basicaly mount the bike to it and lift it up. You can either do it by the wheels or to the side of the frame. If it really holds the Harley like in the pic, it would not have any problems holding a sport bike.

http://www.bikelift.com/how_it_works.htm

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks quite amazing, i'm seriously thinking about getting one of these. One thing that bothered me though, to lift a sportsbike and be able to remove the front and rear wheels you need to use the 'multi-mounting brackets' which apparently lift the bike via the exhaust collector pipes where they run beneath the underside of the engine. The website quotes that this is an industry standard method of lifting such bikes - does anyone else know more about this and whether it is safe or not???

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I missed that part. I thought it mounted through the holes in the frame.

I have used a car jack under the stock headers to get the front end on jack stands. I would not do it with thinner aftermarket headers though.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I'd be hesitant about lifting it via the collector pipes. To much weight to me on them. I'd be afraid to bend on of them or bend/snap a header bolt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is usual to lift the bike by the bottom of the collector pipes, even the R6 user manual says it is safe to do so.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Finally got a chance to check out the link. This stand is pimp!

·
Registered
13 Posts
For North America you're looking at these prices I guess:-

http://www.bike-lift.com/bikelift_usa.htm

$500 USD approx for the lifting unit and then $70-150 for extras. Sounds alot of money to be honest but I does look the nuts!

If only there was a version that had wheels on the base of the stand so that you could move or spin the bike round, it would be perfect!

·
Registered
293 Posts
i just saw one on two wheel tuesday yesterday that lifts it by the pegs. it looked pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If all your doing is lifting the bike by the headers, and your comfortable with that, which it seems that lift does, then go to www.harborfreighttools.com and search their lifts. They are around a hundred dollars, with wheels too. I have seen one in use, of course on a harley and it seems to work fine, but i am not so sure i trust my headers on that, especially for storing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts