Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably worth a motivational pic...and embarrassing myself. It was wicked hot yesterday so I sported my lid and a tee. It is obviously the only tan Ive gotten in a while lol.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Not quite a gsxr tan you atleast have a glove tan. :)

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Probably worth a motivational pic...and embarrassing myself. It was wicked hot yesterday so I sported my lid and a tee. It is obviously the only tan Ive gotten in a while lol.

You're a FLORIDA GUY and you've no tan? :eek5

embarassment...:nono

:lmao

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it all...

1. Tan
2. Lid straps blowing in the breeze
3. Muscle shirt with no muscles
4. Redlight tough guy pose
5. Gym shorts

Ok...time for a beer and some baseball...

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
hahaha, same thing happened to me! It was upper 90's and humid so when i went out for a ride i didnt take the jacket....got a sweet glove tan and tshirt line haha

·
12,482 Posts
I rarely ride with a jacket here in Western MA now... but that's 'cause I've got an Icon Mil Spec reflective vest... kinda gets hot JUST with the vest... AND it's mesh.

·
12,482 Posts
PS.... I USED to have glove tan, but I decided that it looked wierd at work, so I started not to wear gloves... it evened out THAT tan, but my upper arms are still BONE white. :(

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
it was 95 today here, Jacket? I rather take it easy and enjoy the breeze. Which feels like a hairdryer on my just with the humidity

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
it was 95 today here, Jacket? I rather take it easy and enjoy the breeze. Which feels like a hairdryer on my just with the humidity

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
MaxxxEdge:
So... hot weather/humidity is a good reason to ride with little or less protection?
Apparently the thinking goes something like this: if it's hot enough the asphalt will be softer and won't give you road rash and the car drivers will be able to see you better than normal...

If it's too hot to wear gear it's too hot to ride. When it's really hot outside, you'll get dehydrated worse (and much faster) if you don't wear gear. I would rather sweat than have road rash.

·
Registered
767 Posts
no shorts with flip-flop tan?
Yea, when i think gixxer tan, first thing i thought of was the flip flops :lmao

although a week or so ago I was bs'ing around with this guy on a harley, he seemed pretty cool and was asking all about my bike and stuff. This guy pulls up on an 06/07 R6 while i'm explaining how the new R6 has something similar to the velocity stacks he put on his harley, but they go from longer to shorter at whatever rpm; then the guy on the r6 interrupts and says "it's called ycci. it makes your fuel injectors bigger at 10k rpm."

I just had to tell this harley guy that the other r6 guy was a douschebag, and noticed when he rode away (redlined it in 1st on the way out, of course) that he was wearing shorts and flip flops. Even some r6 riders get gixxer tans, i guess

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
Yea, when i think gixxer tan, first thing i thought of was the flip flops :lmao

although a week or so ago I was bs'ing around with this guy on a harley, he seemed pretty cool and was asking all about my bike and stuff. This guy pulls up on an 06/07 R6 while i'm explaining how the new R6 has something similar to the velocity stacks he put on his harley, but they go from longer to shorter at whatever rpm; then the guy on the r6 interrupts and says "it's called ycci. it makes your fuel injectors bigger at 10k rpm."

I just had to tell this harley guy that the other r6 guy was a douschebag, and noticed when he rode away (redlined it in 1st on the way out, of course) that he was wearing shorts and flip flops. Even some r6 riders get gixxer tans, i guess
:lmao i always wear my gear even when its 100, and you know texas humidity is a bi&^h

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
^^^+1. if it's too hot to wear gear, IT'S TOO HOT RIDE. period. (i hate y'all... makin' me sound like a dad)

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
na you dont sound like a dad its just a good way of thinking

1 - 20 of 23 Posts