Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
U.S. Marine
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the right side of my 08 R6 the frame slider is in place but the bolt that holds it in place keeps spinning. It is tight but the thing keeps spinning. Did I screw something up?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Take it out & check the threads.You may have stripped it!Is it mounted directly to the block or is there a bracket between the two.There may be a nut thats turning & keeping the bolt from tightening, that or its stripped.

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
yea make sure u tightn it, i noticed it once on my frame sliders and i for got to tightn it and took a ridew hit about 160 and when i got home and went to tighten it it was gone lol so now i gotta cough up the 100 for a new set cuz they dont sell it seperate

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine wouldnt thread yesterday after having to reinstalling them. Check the threads, try threading the bolt without the slider to make sure everything works.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It does do that. I have R+G sliders on mine and they have a spacer in them so the bolt is tight but the crash bung will turn around. Normal stuff mate. Check it out and don't overtighten it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts