Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding in the same lane with no red lights the only sign the bike gave me was it had a lot less power... It slowly got flat on me and I could see the signs getting worse finally I decided to pull off and check and when I did I got a big suprise when the tire rolled off the rim on that last corner. It didn't break the bead but I felt the bike wobble hard and it was definitely the tire rolling.

I plugged the tire and it will have to due until I can afford a new one. How can I tell if riding on the flat ruined my tire. It was really sticky and completely clean from the extra wear it received. But it has tread. The tire has exactly 3K miles on it when this happened. Its only been 20 minutes since I plugged it and made my way home...

I really don't want to buy a new tire.

·
Registered
458 Posts
wow that sux man

·
Registered
458 Posts
good thing it was a slow leak.. I caught a nail last week still waiting for the new tire..but I woouldn't take the chance. If that plug fails at high speed in a corner or something. F that. gl tho

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it difficult to change a tire on a bike. I always do the tires on my vehicles myself...?

·
Registered
458 Posts
from what I have been told its pretty easy just find a place with a m/c tire mount and balance machine. and some stands. although I am sure there is a way to do it without em. front or rear

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rear tire, can you guys recommend affordable replacement? Even a new cheap tire will be safer than this thing?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I just went with the stock one it was 111 shipped I'm sure the rear is gonna be more

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stock dunlop is $150 shipped from motorcycle-superstore...I guess I am going to attempt the change.

·
Registered
458 Posts
that one is 133 with free shipping

·
47 Posts
If you havent already bought that tire, I have a stock 190 Dunlop that Ill let go for $75. It has exactly 1121 miles on it and it still even has the chickenstrips on it.

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't bought it yet, how much to ship it to Florida?

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dealer only wants $42 to mount and balance, I am going to let them do it...

·
First Gen FTW
11,446 Posts
I got a pilot power 180/55 ZR17 rear. it had a pin hole slow leak (filled it up maybe once every week and a half) for sale.. its only a month old. My roommate took it to work and put 2 semi tire patches on it. holds air very well..

Lemme know if your interested

1 - 20 of 22 Posts