Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
let her scream
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went on a cross country vacation from NY to TX for thanksgiving. I've always been kinda partial to highway speed stand ups. So i meet this chick down here and take her for a ride, she wants to see a wheelie. So i crank a few decent ones. I wanted to go somewhere more secluded because in the state of TX its a misdemeanor offense. so we find a spot and i looped out a wheelie around 80. I always heard the balance point was narrow on the first gens because the wheel base was short. Ill admit this one snuck up on me. thankfully i was wearing my brand new Arai, and my leather jacket. Both are junk now though. I ended up breaking my femur on my left leg, and there was a baseball sized hole in my right ankle where about 30% of the cartilage got ground off. That took reconstructive surgury for the ligaments and i got a rod in the femur. word of advice to anyone who breaks their femur, have someone knock you out before 3 paramedics straighten your leg. wosrt pain ive ever experienced.

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Holy S#*% thats insane!!! Glad youre alive!!

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
Damn man...sorry to hear you had to find out that way. At least you are still alive, but I can only imagine how much pain that must've been. Give us updates on your progress dude and take care!

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
You think 1st gens have a narrow BP, you should try a 3rd gen... way worse. 1st and 2nd are about the same. 1st just suck because its carbed and like to bog behind BP for slow shit. Anyways glad you're ok. I hope you heal up well and man if you continue to ride wheelies, slow them down. Most of mine never reach over 20mph on the fast side. Hell guys rocking coaster combos still aren't going but around 40mph or so and have a TON of brake and clutch control. I hope you recovery well and have a full range of motion.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
ouch is what i gotta say, one of the reasons im to chicken shit to do any type of stunting lol glad to hear your alright tho heal quick bro

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Well I'm off my late night snack now.:throwup

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
did she at least give you a pity bj?

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts

·
Car? What Car?
2,335 Posts
Damn man, heal up fast and do the physical therapy to retrieve your full range of motion back.

Also, I'd be lucky to even pee straight, much less have a hard-on after breaking a femur for at least a week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So, how was the Thanksgiving dinner?

I'm kidding of course, but seriously at least for the most part you're ok, it could have been alot worse!!

You're crazy man!! Like someone else said, I'm way to chicken shit to try that kind of stuff on my bike. I ride a first gen as well, so I will be keeping my front wheel down at all times now!!

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Live and learn. I think your crash was a fluke. Heal up and try again.

·
let her scream
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol ok to the man with the BJ reply, sadly all i got was a kiss on the cheek, baby stuff. To the other guy, hospital thanksgiving dinner is a joke, it tastes like cardboard covered in elmer's glue. Also i dont think till this day i can get it up due to my left thigh swollen to about double the size lol. Lets see what else i got, oh PT sucks, the people are vicious. You gotta scream at them to stop or they'll push you to the point where a grown man cries. i know this because one lady dropped me when they told me to walk two days after surgury. HA. Anyways today i got my stiches out of the gruesom ankle and staples out of the thigh who wants this to be a picture thread?!! haha check this shit out, oh yea and yes the round bone on the outside of my ankle, well we lost her in the wreck lol

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
All I have to say is FCUK A BUNCH OF THAT!!!! Your foot looks like it belongs to a cadaver. Rehad is probably going to be painful but do everything they say you need to do or you will more than likely regret it. Don't do too much and don't do too little.

·
let her scream
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All I have to say is FCUK A BUNCH OF THAT!!!! Your foot looks like it belongs to a cadaver. Rehad is probably going to be painful but do everything they say you need to do or you will more than likely regret it. Don't do too much and don't do too little.
lol its all cadaver ligaments in there now haha, if you look you can see my whole foot is pretty much a bruise and its all purple. im missing roughly 30% of my ankle bones/cartilage so my surgeon said he'snot sure how much it will acctually recover movement wise. He's got me doing some scary movement stuff. in the mean time ill post up my staples. this is roughly 10 i think, i have 8 more by my knee. not too bad for a major operation,but truthfully id rather have a bigger battle scar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts