Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, you know you've done it. While working on your bike you come across a bolt or screw and you dont have the right socket or tool for. You drive yourself to Wal-Mart, buy the tool. You use it, put it back in the package and take it back to Wallyworld for a full refund. Since I had my bike (6 months) Ive done this a few times(ghetto fabulous). I was just wandering, what are some things you bought with the intention of using it and taking it back? Be honest.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
guess my conscience tells me if I needed the tool once, I will prolly need it again, so I go to Sears and buy the Craftsman version, and just keep it in my tool box...

:)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Walmarts goods are junk, hit up a real store.

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
pooty said:
Ok, you know you've done it. While working on your bike you come across a bolt or screw and you dont have the right socket or tool for. You drive yourself to Wal-Mart, buy the tool. You use it, put it back in the package and take it back to Wallyworld for a full refund. Since I had my bike (6 months) Ive done this a few times(ghetto fabulous). I was just wandering, what are some things you bought with the intention of using it and taking it back? Be honest.
That is as bad as buying a pair of underwear, put them on one time, and take them back for a refund. Would you want to buy underwear that someone had there sweaty balls in? :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss

·
Registered
356 Posts
in fairness to are fellow forum supporter, it is only walmart quality. I doubt that he would do that for a quality product form a quality store. Never the less I would hold onto the tool just cause i would need it later.

·
Registered
311 Posts
One time I bought an adapter from autozone for my torque wrench. It was a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter. i returned it because I found one in my oil filter remover tool :mrgreen:

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
yoda said:
guess my conscience tells me if I needed the tool once, I will prolly need it again, so I go to Sears and buy the Craftsman version, and just keep it in my tool box...
Same here. I love makin Sears runs...but my bank accounts always hurtin afterwards.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i bought this hot chick in amsterdam, hit it up, then gave it back. Does this count? :hump

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
HAHAHAHA, whenever i have a sea bag inspection at work, i go buy all the crap that im missing (leave it in the package mind you) get the inspection and then return em cause i dont ever use em! and i hate wallmart more than life itself cant take two steps without bumping into some one.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
At my work we get all the major tool manufacturers(snap-on, mac, matco, cornwell)every week I end up buying something, I need them but it's like a constant drain of money :hammer So far my entire collection is real small but worth easily about $800ish, and I'm only 18. My impact gun alone was 200. Luckily for hand tools I get 50% off and I got a sweet deal on a used craftsmen box, almost as tall as me for $150.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
during my days as a mechanic i used to be addicted to Snap-On, ive got a giant tool chest, took me forever to pay it off. still love ol snappy

·
Insert witty comment here
2,787 Posts
my uncle used to be a snap on dealer....their house looks like a friggin auto garage on crack :hammer

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didnt mean to come across as a cheapskate but there have been times I just needed that one little tool and it comes in a huge pack that costs to much and all you NEED is that small tool. I actually hate going to Wal-MArt.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
^Wow some of that is bad, a stereo? I hate Wal-Mart all of them seem to be a magnet for the pestulence of the earth. DVDs are pretty cheap though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ninja316 said:
pooty said:
That is as bad as buying a pair of underwear, put them on one time, and take them back for a refund. Would you want to buy underwear that someone had there sweaty balls in? :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss
uhhh i think you went a little far on that one lol. no comparison between tools and underwear. Because i will use, used tools but i will never use used underwear. Ya lost me on that one :throwup

·
Registered
587 Posts
the stereo thing is getto they make stores that rent that kind of gear for those scenerios

·
My R6 is a Panty Dropper!
20 Posts
pooty said:
what are some things you bought with the intention of using it and taking it back? Be honest.
The other day I bought a dolly cause I needed to move a refrigerator around. Well the dolly I bought was kinda flimsy but it did the job. I returned it the next day, scratches and all, because it wasn't sturdy enough. The lady gave me a wierd look but didnt say anything. I just went and bought a better one at another store.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts