Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title says I messed up and really need to fix it haha, I had all the valves out and everything, my box for each valve fell apart. My buddy put the lifters and shims in a bag so now they are all mixed up how can I measure the valve clearance with the head only the valves are all in the correct position but the shims are for sure from the factory as I have some 200 a few 189 a 180 a few 190s please help me

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,651 Posts
Going to need to assemble without shims then check all valves and match up shims if they are still in spec. Chances are, some won't be correct anywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to need to assemble without shims then check all valves and match up shims if they are still in spec. Chances are, some won't be correct anywhere.
If some aren't correct anywhere is that where I figure put which shim I would need and buy, I know that I can't just buy all 200s and hope they work but then I could buy the ones I need correct?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,651 Posts
Yes, typically some can be moved and some have to be purchased. Lash decreases with wear so thinner shims.

Reactions: Hoonatic
1 - 4 of 4 Posts