Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my second crash this season, I realized that I am tired of buying new mufflers after wearing through them while low siding. Any body know what the "protective bands" are that I've seen on a lot of bikes at the track?
Any suggestion for vendors would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Yeah you'r right. Sad part of it is my insurance totaled it as of this morning... I think the rubber could have helped!:jacked

Truthfully, I need to decide either buy it back from them, fix it and get back next season or walk away...
not easy, the damage seems purely cosmetic, tank, body work and new suframe. The motor, forks and frame seem to be ok

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
yup.

BUT - i wrecked in track plastics and a track tank (for the second time). haha.

if you have IM, hit me up if you're really considering rebuilding it. i just helped a buddy rebuild his race bike for RIGHT AT $600 and there were a few parts that he bought that he didn't need - but figured it was the time to do it. my contact info is in my profile.

i'm here all day today (for the most part) - maybe we can figure it out.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
maxpr1; are those Q2's you were running? how'd you like them on the track?
Truthfully, I had just switched to dunlops from pirellis. I think maybe incorrect pressure on these may have had something to do with the crash, I just am not sure though. I was told 28 front and 30 rear cold. The track was cold and I should have been more cautious. My bad!

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
I bought the Michelin Pilot Power 2cts... They are awesome! Buy them!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts