Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats good out there? First time ive had to buy brakes and want to get some good ones.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
You need front or back brakes. Actually, the factory brakes are pretty good. Are you looking to change more than the pads?

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looking for the pads. Everything else has already been upgraded before I got the bike. Probly do front and back brakes.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
If you've already got stainless steel lines, then I recommend Vesrah pads. They are simply fabulous. Yes, they are a few bucks more expensive (usually about $10-20 for two pairs of fronts) but they are worth the price.

EBC have strong initial bite but they have no feel, they fade horribly, and they squeak loudly, especially during/after a session out on the track.

Vesrah have slightly less initial bite, but you can feel exactly what is going on with your front tire, they don't fade, and they don't squeak after a session.

Those are the only two aftermarket pads I have experience with, but I think I'm hooked on Vesrah for life.

·
DARC Racing
2,334 Posts
EBC HH's are pretty good... Ive had some that dont last.. but good price and good performance

*If you want to try a set super cheep to see what you think, I have like 4 sets that have only been used 1 race weekend.... Ill send you a set for say $10 bucks to cover shipping.....

Ferodo has some new stuff coming out all the time and they are impressing the hell out of me... Their new 211's are Amazing... Last a long time and have trmendous performance.

For normal street riding the OEM pads are now HH rated and pretty good.. but dealers nail you on the price.. so why buy them if you can get better for less moola....??

·
SHIFT!!
100 Posts
Vesrah RJL's or SRJL's are my favorite so far. I like the brakes to bite quick and with little effort. I've also tried SBK3's & DP's sport ++. Hated the SBK3's. Get a pad that is HH rated as this is the highest friction rating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts