Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all im new to this forum. I just got rid of my 05 gixxer and I have some questions. I really like the yamaha R6 RAVEN and am looking into buying one.
Is there any diffrence between the 05-06?
How does it ride?
Is the raven the exact same thing as a regular R6 just diffrenct color?
And also how is the R6 for power compared to the gixxer 6 cause I had to fight to get mine to pull the front end up in 2nd and I had -1 +2 will the yamaha be easier to pull up?

Thanks Alot for the help.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
05 R6 got inverted forks in the r6s body, 06 r6 is a completly different bike..body style,performance.
Raven means the color black nothing special about them,
just like a drunkin prom date the R6 can be taught to do anything....:)

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
The 05 has more horsepower. I love the way the R6 ride. Great in the corners. The Raven is just all black. I've heard the gixxer has a little more low to mid range but when the Yamaha get going, wow. I fight to keep the wheel down, on mine under hard acceleration with a -1 +2... And the Yami looks way better too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so what yeat would u guys recoomend for the all around better bike performance and looks. 05-06 I want to stay away from the 07 cause the price I went to a dealer today and they wanted 9200 for a left over red 07. That seems really high for just a 6.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
IMO, the 05.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I've got my 05 raven for sale in KY if your in the area somewhere.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
if u want to mainly street ride, get the 05

·
My R6 is on a diet
53 Posts
I agree; the 05 R6 is an awsome bike :sing any R6 is great, but if you had to choose, I would say go with the 05 R6 Raven :toocool:

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
^because it was 2005 when i bought mine lol Go with the 05! Great fast bike, love mine to death

1 - 12 of 12 Posts