Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I was cleaning my chain. I had it up on the high stand and I was using Kerosene. Well it was kind of cold outside and I wanted to warm up the chain so I lit the chain on fire for a couple seconds to get it hot. Well I think I may have scorched a piece of my tail fairing. No big deal I guess, I think I can just cover it with electrical tape since it's a Raven.

So once I got the chain warm, I put the bike in first gear and wrapped a towel around my hand and started cleaning the chain as the wheel turned. A couple times the towel started to catch and go into the sprocket and one time it almost caught my finger. So I decided to put it into 2nd gear so it didn't have so much torque.

Well I turned my hand for just a second and the towel grabbed into the sprocket and caught my pinky finger. I was able to pull my pinky finger out with minimal damage (lost part of the tip of my pinky finger and scarring down to the bone on the rest of the finger).

The real problem that I am having right now is that the towel is now wedged so far into the sprocket and wrapped around the axle, I don't know how to get it out. I mean it is really stuffed in there and now I don't know what to do and if you believe this shit you are as silly as I am.

HELP!

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
couldnt you take the axle out, and then take the rear tire off and get the towel out....sorry bout the finger

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Sweet, do I need to go over to Gixxer.com and get that thread, or just find the one that was on here already?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I didn't know there were Raven Gixxers, too.. :sing

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Pics or BS.

Bonus points if you get pics of the chain on fire...

:popcorn:

Hey, I heard of this awesome way to bore your engine block with sand! PM me for details!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Pics or BS.

Bonus points if you get pics of the chain on fire...

:popcorn:

Hey, I heard of this awesome way to bore your engine block with sand! PM me for details!
No.... that makes no sense... You are referring to porting your intake and heads by pouring sand into the intake.... Like extrude honing, but at home and for the price of a bucket of sand... YMMV

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
No.... that makes no sense... You are referring to porting your intake and heads by pouring sand into the intake.... Like extrude honing, but at home and for the price of a bucket of sand... YMMV
Yeah, that one... :dunce: it has awesome benefits! :fact

:laugh

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
not flaming but wtf led you to wan to warm the chain up by... lighting it on fire..
your chain is pretty pricy and has a bunch of rubber x rings .. fire probably isnt the best thing to use on rubber because itll harden up, and fall off.

just wondering if this was your own crazy idea or your heard it somewhere..
really dude? REALLY?:nono

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
bahaha its no use steph... just sit back and watch the gullible kids post....
Sometimes its hard to look at society and realize that I am among such great minds....

1 - 20 of 199 Posts