Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2000 kicked the bucket and I wanted to buy a new or close to new R6. i found out that most fianical companies would require full coverage on a bike. I called my insurane agent and asked for a quote.

Right now for my 2000 R6 I pay 300 a year for liability only in Ca

She said for an 07 R6 Full coverage 3,000 a year!!!!
What??? AM I getting screwed over

I am 23 no accidents, no tickets ever, have had my M1 for over a year, took the MSf course. But 3 grand wow.

Anyone know of a cheaper way to get insurance. It was through progressive, geico was about the same too!!!

I know this kind of forum has been posted before but I couldnt find it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you finance using the Yamaha card there is a stipulation that they only require liability as long as the balance is under a certain amount (I believe 10K) so if you can come up with enough $$ to finance less then you can run liability. I never recommend that but you can do as you wish. Check with the dealer about that amount because I may be wrong.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yea state farm is the cheapest you will find for Motorcycle you should try to transfer all your stuff over to them and they could probably get you a really good rate all round.

·
Registered
313 Posts
+1 to State Farm. I have them. They ONLY use cc's to rate motorcycle insurance (plus your age and record of course). They don't care that the R6 is a sport bike. To them its the same as any other 600cc bike.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
The only bad thing about state farm is they don't cover you for personal injury protection, so I hope you have health insurance through work, school, parents or whatever.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
probably the type of insurance you have right now are going by the type of bike, like sportsbike or whatever. and sportsbike are that much more expensive.
i believe state farm goes by the engine size and so its cheaper.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Country Insurance. They will not only cover your bike but car, house, renters, disability, and so forth. I'm not sure if theu cover your state but I was getting rape quotes like yourself from every insurance company until I found them. I pay $600 w/ road side $500 deduct on coll and comp. They are by far the best I've found, and that includes State Farm which is somehow popular in this blog. :toocool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts