Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey was just wondering if anyone out there is using gps navigation with their bikes? I am looking for a complete setup.. any ideas as to what to use? thanx in advance.

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
I've done a lot of research on this topic and I ended up with a Garmin Zumo 550. It's make for motorcycles, loaded with features, waterproof...

·
Registered
11 Posts
mmmm I'm looking to get a GPS but the ZUMO 550 don't have voice directions and is a little pricey. I realy like the nuvi 360 small, handy and I can use it for my bike and car.....they sell direct wire connect and mount for bikes

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
mmmm I'm looking to get a GPS but the ZUMO 550 don't have voice directions and is a little pricey. I realy like the nuvi 360 small, handy and I can use it for my bike and car.....they sell direct wire connect and mount for bikes
Actually the Zumo 550 does have voice directions. You just have to have it plugged into a power source in your car. The 550 comes with bike and car docks so either way, you're good to go... :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
best option (what i do when i ride) if you have verizon or att get telanav. i have verizon and almost all their phones have gps capability. its an awesome turn by turn navigation which can be fed rite to your ear via bluetooth just set location when your stopped and it will guide you there from where are you at

turn by turn directions compared to 700 dollar garmin units. i should know i sell phones for att verizon and t mobile inside of costco so people compare them to the garmins that costco sells. service is 10 bucks a month for unlimited routes or 3 bucks a day for a 24 window. the nice thing is nothing to tack onto your bike just pop out your phone set destination and putt it back in your pocket and make sure your BT is connected instant voice turn by turn directions with automatic re route fed rite into your ear :toocool:

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
Here's the birds eye view with a couple upclose pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Get a ATT phone with GPS i have the blackberry curve and it works great.. and you wont need to buy a bluetooth headset the earplugs that come with the phone will do it..:toocool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
it is easy to hook up a cigarette lighter to your bike all i did was get one at radio shack screwed it into my battery terminals and power! that way you can charge it while on long rides just gotta stop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts