Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive been riding a honda NC30 400 for over a year now and im really itching for a new faster bike.

That's what brings me hear.

Looks wises I prefer the 06-07

and the cheaper purchase prices is even more temping.

But i'm led to believe that the 08 onwards benefited from better low end torque and improved handling.

Im not to bothed about the torque. Ive only ever ridden my 400 and I want the R6 as a road track bike.

Is the improvement on the handling side with the 08 onwards worth spending the extra money on or am I handly going to notest any difference?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What im after is

"ive ridden both and the different is hardly noticeable, Both are great bikes and theres not much in it"

and not

" the improvements are massive. The 08 is in a completely different league and worth the extra money "

:sing

but be honest :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Unless you are a top tier rider, you won't notice the difference. Issues with the handling can be corrected with chassis adjustments and you'll find more motor in the way of gearing changes. Just buy a bike that looks in good condition for a good price.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just buy the one that matches your helmet/leathers.

·
iRun
33,226 Posts
Minor differences man, except for part compatibility.. 06/07 are a bit harder to find some parts for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.