Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new here and thanks for letting me join, I've joined other forums too and I'm exploring.

First of all I am not a sportsbike rider at all, however my son Jaden has been riding for a good three years now. He has a green Kawasaki Ninja 250 which he commutes to Law school everyday. However, I've always been against him riding a bike to school since it is not so safe. But finally, I've decided to just give in and trust him. It is his 23rd birthday soon and I want to get him a new bike and the best sportsbike gear.

I also want him to join an extra defensive bike course and track-racing to learn and improve his reflexes. I feel like I'm forcing too much on him but it makes me feel more comfortable.

I've done some research but I just want your opinions on what is the best of the best sportsbike armor, is it Thor, Forcefield, etc?

I am currently thinking of a super-sportsbike with good traction control, and these are the ones I've come up with:

2014 yamaha yzf-r1
Ducati 1199 Panigale
BMW S1000R

My budget is anything below $60,000 US for my son's gift and I want to get him a new sports bike and full armour from head to toe including the best helmet cam, and I'll be getting him a Valentines Radar detector too. Could you guys lend me some good advises?

Much Appreciated!
Sorry if I asked too soon, I'm not the best at working out how search functions on websites work!

Best wishes,
J1

·
Hello
527 Posts
Aww...you ONLY have a 60k budget? :-( Wont find much in that price range (eye roll)....and did you just group an R1 with a Ducati 1199???...smh...I doubt anyone would pick the R1 if either were going to be given to them.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
250 to 1000 what a big jump!
Also tc is over rated, if you are using it on the street you are being stupid. It also cause a lot of problems when you want to change gearing around.

from my toaster

·
Registered
31 Posts
S1000RR... German engineering > Italian beauty > R1. May as well get him a Desmosedici if you've got 60k to spend though...

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
If this thread IS legit.. which I doubt, your gonna feel pretty shitty when he kills himself on a bike YOU bought for him.

·
stuntin
738 Posts
Also OP if you have 60k to blow on a bike for your son why wouldn't you buy him a really nice car if he is just using it to commute to law school anyways.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Diavel. Fcuk is that a sweet cruiser bike. Or a VMAX

1 - 20 of 33 Posts