Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I had my true first close call. Honestly, I don't know how it wasn't more than a close call.

On my lunch break I decided to hit some twisties instead of hitting BK like a lardass. This one section has 4 consecutive left then right throws that I'm familiar with, so I decided to tear them up.

Right as I'm transitioning from the last right into the last left curve, a camaro pulls out from the left side of the road and spins out into my left lane and stalls..

I had no choice but to straighten up and go around him to the right, which sent me straight off the road. Now, on this entire stretch of road, it's either lined with trees or guard rails with practically NO shoulder. But where I was sent off the road, there happened to be a muddy/gravelly area that was about 8ft wide.

I entered the turn at around 60-65mph, and by the time I hit the dirt I couldn't have been going less than 50. There wasn't enough room to stop in the muddy area, so I had to continue the turn in the dirt, around the car, and back onto the road. I have NO idea how I didn't lowside in that stuff.

I thought for sure that I was going to spill as soon as I hit the dirt. I JUST barely missed a metal sign in a concrete bucket, a tree, and a DEEP (1.5-2ft) hole. If I would have went down, there was a good chance I'd be wrapped around or lodged in any of those things.

The guy who almost killed me sped off as soon as he restarted his car. He didn't just drive away, but he sped the **** off like a mother****er. I pulled over as soon as I could and took a breather to calm my nerves.

That's my story and I wanted to share.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Damn, good deal you got out of it without a scratch on either you or the bike!
Bet it puckered up the butthole a bit though lol

Stupid camaros...why people think those are good cornering cars is beyond me! Probably a punk kid too...

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
glad you are alright.

·
Yes this is me in the pic
137 Posts
So today I had my true first close call. Honestly, I don't know how it wasn't more than a close call.

On my lunch break I decided to hit some twisties instead of hitting BK like a lardass. This one section has 4 consecutive left then right throws that I'm familiar with, so I decided to tear them up.

Right as I'm transitioning from the last right into the last left curve, a camaro pulls out from the left side of the road and spins out into my left lane and stalls..

I had no choice but to straighten up and go around him to the right, which sent me straight off the road. Now, on this entire stretch of road, it's either lined with trees or guard rails with practically NO shoulder. But where I was sent off the road, there happened to be a muddy/gravelly area that was about 8ft wide.

I entered the turn at around 60-65mph, and by the time I hit the dirt I couldn't have been going less than 50. There wasn't enough room to stop in the muddy area, so I had to continue the turn in the dirt, around the car, and back onto the road. I have NO idea how I didn't lowside in that stuff.

I thought for sure that I was going to spill as soon as I hit the dirt. I JUST barely missed a metal sign in a concrete bucket, a tree, and a DEEP (1.5-2ft) hole. If I would have went down, there was a good chance I'd be wrapped around or lodged in any of those things.

The guy who almost killed me sped off as soon as he restarted his car. He didn't just drive away, but he sped the **** off like a mother****er. I pulled over as soon as I could and took a breather to calm my nerves.

glad to hear ya didnt end up hurt man!

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok and kept cool. I had the same evasion situation 3 days ago - on the highway a truck pulled in front of me and I had to go on to the gravel cause at 130kph (81mph) there was no way I was gonna stop in time. The whole time I was thinking "well - it's been fun" expecting that it was over, I had a 2 foot wide gravel patch, with a guardrail on the right and the truck that pulled in front of me on the left - some how I was able to keep straight and steady going by and got back onto the road surface alive.

I was flabbergasted - I seriously thought it was the end, but here I am, and I'm glad you got through your to talk about it too.

·
Motorcycle Drive By
791 Posts
Good to see you're alive. I'm not looking forward to my first close call.

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
I know its easy to preach and hard to do but that just shows you that you got to be extra careful on the street and slow it down a bit... I know its probably the most tempting thing to rip those twisties but you never know what could happen, you could have just as easily not been able to write this thread. I had a couple of these closec alls and reading these threads just makes me want to convert to track only.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
damn!!! glad to see youre writing this!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Damn man, thats crazy!! Ive never had anything that drastic! Glad you stayed cool and made it outa there! I hate jackasses!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bet it puckered up the butthole a bit though lol
Well, I think the butthole did the opposite of pucker. It more so opened wide to let the shit run wild straight out my pants.

Yea, I'm way thankful for making it out of the situation without a hitch. Today I rode real slow and stayed rather vertical :popcorn:

I think I'm ready to invest into some heavier gear as well. I'm glad I didn't have to learn the hard way..

·
Registered
378 Posts
Glad you are ok

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
ive had that shit happen all too many times, its scary as all hell. glad to hear you're ok though..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts