Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Likes Long Rsex with his
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off here is the helmet that i just bought.

Overall this is an awesome helmet, I love the design (looks much better in person) and it matches the bike pretty good. Its defiantly has to be about the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn. The "AirFrame" design of it is pretty nice too. It has awesome ventilation, and great padding.. I pretty much give it an A+ for design and comfort. Now I know icon is not good at paying there riders that they sponsor, but i had to have this helmet when I say it. Perfect for the bike =).:YEA

·
My Dixie Wrecked
85 Posts
I have the same helmet in black and silver, and its actually pissing me off, my lining inside keep coming undone, the back 2 snaps keep coming undone, i have had the helmet about 2 months now, and it drives me nuts, the dealership said they may wararnty it, i just have to take it there. other than that its very comfortable and also looks amazing, one other thing that doesnt really excite me too is the fact that them painted side tabs dont come off easier when you want to change shields. it def. not an easy thing to do. overall i give the helmet a B.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ive been looking to get a new helmet for my '03 r6 and wanted to get the exact same one... some people love it right out of the box but then i've seen multiple people complain about the snaps... now im hesitant to buy the helmet. Any more opinions?!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Sporting an Icon Decay red/black with my black 1000rr. Fit, styling, comfortability, visibility, everything is great on it.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
just ordered the same helmet in black. can't wait to get it =)

·
Likes Long Rsex with his
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i love it, and i have had NO problems what so ever... the only thing i see being a pain in the future is the side plates.. but who changes there visor that often?

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I have the same helmet in black and silver, and its actually pissing me off, my lining inside keep coming undone, the back 2 snaps keep coming undone, i have had the helmet about 2 months now, and it drives me nuts, the dealership said they may wararnty it, i just have to take it there. other than that its very comfortable and also looks amazing, one other thing that doesnt really excite me too is the fact that them painted side tabs dont come off easier when you want to change shields. it def. not an easy thing to do. overall i give the helmet a B.
I keep hearing the same things about any Icon products.

Ive been looking to get a new helmet for my '03 r6 and wanted to get the exact same one... some people love it right out of the box but then i've seen multiple people complain about the snaps... now im hesitant to buy the helmet. Any more opinions?!
When it comes to gear (helmets especially) I buy products that are tried & true. Arai, Shoei, AGV, Suomy, etc. I constantly hear bad things about all kinds of Icon stuff.

·
Registered
81 Posts
just buy another set of side plates for your clear visor....i just ordered this same exact helmet...hopefully it gets here this week

·
Likes Long Rsex with his
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I keep hearing the same things about any Icon products.

When it comes to gear (helmets especially) I buy products that are tried & true. Arai, Shoei, AGV, Suomy, etc. I constantly hear bad things about all kinds of Icon stuff.
i've never had any problems with their stuff (icon).

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
ok, just received mine. first off, why is this thing so freakin' big!!! man, i'm a small guy (5'3) so i look like a dang lollipop with this thing on. thats my first impression, other than that the graphics are really nice, and looks really well made.

can anyone suggest any helmet that are smaller, that won't me look like i'm about to fall over cuza the helmet?

peace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts