Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good is ICON leather? Anyone have any experience with them? I've heard that the quality of the leather sucks, but I want someone's opinion who's using these.

The reason why I'm asking is because I got a hookup on a killer deal with the icon burner jacket. If it's not good, I'll just save for an AStar jacket.

· Registered
1,161 Posts
I got some icon glvoes the leather is pretty nice but to blucky, and one of the revits has already fallen off. I'm going to order a pair of dainese for next year. Spendy but good quality. As far as jacket goes, go with the Astar

· Registered
962 Posts
MadChild said:
I got some icon glvoes the leather is pretty nice but to blucky, and one of the revits has already fallen off. I'm going to order a pair of dainese for next year. Spendy but good quality. As far as jacket goes, go with the Astar
Yeah, I'd go with A-stars or Dainese. There's a huge Dainese store here in SoCal. They got everything...

· heebiedabajeebies!
1,717 Posts
I used to have the Daytona Jacket.
I did had a chance to test them on a lowside.
The leather held up, but the platic Logo cracked.

I also didn't like the zippers on the sleeves. The runner
came off the zipper after a few days!!

And the Tab on the main jacket zip broke off.

I think they are a good started jacket, but for the price they sell for,
might as well save that up for a better built leathers (A-stars or Dainese)

· FL45HM3
944 Posts
I have the Icon Motorhead jacket and I had the luxury (if you can call it that) of testing it in late August. I lowsided on a right hander and after sliding from one side of the road to the other, all my buddy could see on the back of my jacket was a small scuff or two. After I got home, I checked out the jacket and its not even noticeable. All in all, after going down in my Icon jacket, I can say that their leather isn't just a cheap alternative to the other mainstream brands.

· Registered
27 Posts
I lot of my boys rock icon motorhead jackets and few have textiles, the only icon product i've owned are a pair of the gauntless gloves, and so far i have gone through 3 pair with the seems busting out, from what i gather, the leather is good quality but the tailoring is questionable. :roll:

· Bacon is extra!
491 Posts
ChuGz said:
I lot of my boys rock icon motorhead jackets and few have textiles, the only icon product i've owned are a pair of the gauntless gloves, and so far i have gone through 3 pair with the seems busting out, from what i gather, the leather is good quality but the tailoring is questionable. :roll:
Same here, went through a pair of gloves in a couple months. The stitching just gave out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.