Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good is ICON leather? Anyone have any experience with them? I've heard that the quality of the leather sucks, but I want someone's opinion who's using these.

The reason why I'm asking is because I got a hookup on a killer deal with the icon burner jacket. If it's not good, I'll just save for an AStar jacket.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I got some icon glvoes the leather is pretty nice but to blucky, and one of the revits has already fallen off. I'm going to order a pair of dainese for next year. Spendy but good quality. As far as jacket goes, go with the Astar

·
Registered
963 Posts
MadChild said:
I got some icon glvoes the leather is pretty nice but to blucky, and one of the revits has already fallen off. I'm going to order a pair of dainese for next year. Spendy but good quality. As far as jacket goes, go with the Astar
Yeah, I'd go with A-stars or Dainese. There's a huge Dainese store here in SoCal. They got everything...

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
I used to have the Daytona Jacket.
I did had a chance to test them on a lowside.
The leather held up, but the platic Logo cracked.

I also didn't like the zippers on the sleeves. The runner
came off the zipper after a few days!!

And the Tab on the main jacket zip broke off.

I think they are a good started jacket, but for the price they sell for,
might as well save that up for a better built leathers (A-stars or Dainese)

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
I have the Icon Motorhead jacket and I had the luxury (if you can call it that) of testing it in late August. I lowsided on a right hander and after sliding from one side of the road to the other, all my buddy could see on the back of my jacket was a small scuff or two. After I got home, I checked out the jacket and its not even noticeable. All in all, after going down in my Icon jacket, I can say that their leather isn't just a cheap alternative to the other mainstream brands.

·
Registered
20 Posts
looking for some full race leathers for jennings track day in north florida.
www.jenningsgp.com You can rent em' but why when they have so many track days. Need good quality ones but not way out pricey. Any ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I lot of my boys rock icon motorhead jackets and few have textiles, the only icon product i've owned are a pair of the gauntless gloves, and so far i have gone through 3 pair with the seems busting out, from what i gather, the leather is good quality but the tailoring is questionable. :roll:

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
ChuGz said:
I lot of my boys rock icon motorhead jackets and few have textiles, the only icon product i've owned are a pair of the gauntless gloves, and so far i have gone through 3 pair with the seems busting out, from what i gather, the leather is good quality but the tailoring is questionable. :roll:
Same here, went through a pair of gloves in a couple months. The stitching just gave out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts