Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 R6 with 23k miles.

So I just recently picked up this bike a few weeks ago and got a question about a loping idle.

When I start up the bike it idle's fine and goes through its warmup cycle without and idle issues. I can drive it around and when I come to a stop it idles perfectly. However when I need to shut it off (lets say to get gas) then start it back up again while its still warm, the bike starts to "lope" and bounce between 1k rpms and 2k. It will do this for about 10-15 minutes and eventually calm down and go back to idling normal. Any ideas to what would cause this?

The only thing that the bike has done to it is a shorty exhaust. I know the bike has a lot of miles on it and probably needs to go in soon for service but I want to try and figure out and fix this problem now.

Thanks!

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Have you done a valve adjustment yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not... Im not too sure that is the problem though. If the valves where too loose then I would hear it making noise. (like a ticking)

Im almost positive its not the valves causes the "lope" in idle

·
Registered
126 Posts
you probably need to adjust your ( tps ) security torx 21 i believe throttle positioning sensor ,look it up also check your carb boot clamps to make sure the didn't loosen up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts